Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Talk to me about Aquadapters

Beccy

I used to have taps at the top of my poles where the pole hose comes out of the pole before changing to the jets hose. I liked that because I always knew where it was and it was always clean, never got damaged etc. But I didn't like that it was always wasting water when extending the pole, moving between windows and when random people decided that halfway through an upstairs window was a good time to strike up a conversation with me.

So I recently had to replace my pole hose and decided to try something different so I put the tap at the other end of the pole hose, near the connector with the reel hose. I love that I can get the pole extended before switching the water on and that I can chat to people without wasting water, but I don't like having to look for the tap dragging along the floor somewhere, or have it attached to me which works better but is quite restrictive and usually means a get dripped on.

Will an Aquadapter make me happy? It looks pretty good. Does it fit all poles? Are there any downsides? Will it be a pain in freezing conditions? Can I use it on a pole with a Gardiners super scraper?

Anything else I need to think about?

Thanks /emoticons/smile.png

I used to have taps at the top of my poles where the pole hose comes out of the pole before changing to the jets hose. I liked that because I always knew where it was and it was always clean, never got damaged etc. But I didn't like that it was always wasting water when extending the pole, moving between windows and when random people decided that halfway through an upstairs window was a good time to strike up a conversation with me.
So I recently had to replace my pole hose and decided to try something different so I put the tap at the other end of the pole hose, near the connector with the reel hose. I love that I can get the pole extended before switching the water on and that I can chat to people without wasting water, but I don't like having to look for the tap dragging along the floor somewhere, or have it attached to me which works better but is quite restrictive and usually means a get dripped on.

Will an Aquadapter make me happy? It looks pretty good. Does it fit all poles? Are there any downsides? Will it be a pain in freezing conditions? Can I use it on a pole with a Gardiners super scraper?

Anything else I need to think about?

Thanks /emoticons/smile.png
Yes. They are no longer available unless you can find a good second hand one.

Downsides. Its an added weight at the end of the pole. You need to use A/D's hose as it's formulated not to stretch. Need to remove Gardiner's resinek and fit adaptor into pole. Use old style (threads both end - male & female) angle adaptor after A/D which screws into brush socket. It isn't compatible with the Gardiner scraper without modifications.

Upside. Saves water and doesn't have the loop at the bottom of the pole created by the tap position.

The world is waiting for the Aquadapter replacement due out in about 4 weeks time. Its called a Univalve. Its weighs a lot less and sits inside the pole at the top. You then should be able to use you current gardiner resinek and your Gardiner scraper.

New Univalve will be cheaper than Aquadapter at £29.99 + postage.

{Title}

Oooh, that univalve looks good. I might put up with wet trousers from dripping connector until that comes out!

Do I need to use special non stretch pole hose for that too?

Oooh, that univalve looks good. I might put up with wet trousers from dripping connector until that comes out!
Do I need to use special non stretch pole hose for that too?
Yes /emoticons/smile.png

Wet trousers aren't good at this time of the year. Before A/D I had a leaking tap on my belt and my trouser leg was always wet.

Went in Sainburys at lunch time and was confronted with a small child trying to tell his embarrassed mother that I had wet my pants. I thought it was really very funny.

Another upside; no wet leg.

Yes. They are no longer available unless you can find a good second hand one.
Downsides. Its an added weight at the end of the pole. You need to use A/D's hose as it's formulated not to stretch. Need to remove Gardiner's resinek and fit adaptor into pole. Use old style (threads both end - male & female) angle adaptor after A/D which screws into brush socket. It isn't compatible with the Gardiner scraper without modifications.

Upside. Saves water and doesn't have the loop at the bottom of the pole created by the tap position.

The world is waiting for the Aquadapter replacement due out in about 4 weeks time. Its called a Univalve. Its weighs a lot less and sits inside the pole at the top. You then should be able to use you current gardiner resinek and your Gardiner scraper.

New Univalve will be cheaper than Aquadapter at £29.99 + postage.

{Title}
That's incorrect that you have to use Aquadapter hose you don't! Sureclean hose works better. I don't agree that their a great piece of kit as they don't always work.

ive got 9 a.ds and need 3 more for new van, you don't have to use there pole hose it works with any the lads like normal yellow that comes with the alexs poles I like the red hot water pole hose all work the same

Yes /emoticons/smile.png
Wet trousers aren't good at this time of the year. Before A/D I had a leaking tap on my belt and my trouser leg was always wet.

Went in Sainburys at lunch time and was confronted with a small child trying to tell his embarrassed mother that I had wet my pants. I thought it was really very funny.

Another upside; no wet leg.
I like the look of this univalve, but if you have to use aqua dapter hose, that would slightly put me off as I think its to stiff, especially the red one

I will not be without these...AquaTap, and half price atm too /emoticons/smile.png
{Title}
Is there a delay between twisting and the water going off with these @jimmyboots ? I prefer rinsing off but if there's no delay then the brush will always be touching the glass after the rinse which puts me off a bit.

Another question about the aquatap....

I have some really awkward bits on my round where there's 2nd storey windows above big extensions and I can only reach then by standing out to the side with the pole fully extended and leaning out diagonally to the window. My gut feeling is that the aquatap will turn off when I don't want it to with the pole at such a funny angle and the forces involved mean there's no way I can do those windows without the brush leaning on the window. Hope that makes sense! Will aquatap be a pain for that?

I have some really awkward bits on my round where there's 2nd storey windows above big extensions and I can only reach then by standing out to the side with the pole fully extended and leaning out diagonally to the window. My gut feeling is that the aquatap will turn off when I don't want it to with the pole at such a funny angle and the forces involved mean there's no way I can do those windows without the brush leaning on the window. Hope that makes sense! Will aquatap be a pain for that?
There is a knack to using it. As you get used to it you figure out ways on awkward windows, like pushing the brush up into the top of the window to twist or pushing into a corner. Nothing is straight forward cleaning windows, but, to me, the benefits of using the AquqTap are better than anything else out there at the moment. I have full control over water.

With the Tap at the top of the pole and no join on the hose showing, I find this the best and most efficient way of cleaning.

I stopped using the Aquadapter, in fact I gave it away to another member on here. I just didn't get on with it. I favour the tap on the belt method. I have never got a wet leg unless a connector is worn. If that happens I change the connector. I think simple is often best. Less to break down.

That concern was the reason why I never went the Aquatap route. There was talk at one time of Peter (the designer) fitting a locking mechanism to prevent those forces from switching the tap off at those angles, but nothing came of it. The tap relies on friction to work which can be either a good or bad thing. Reducing friction means stripping it and using more lubrication inside or removing an O ring or a combination of both.

Users say that you just drop the brush down to the edge of the sill after the final rinse a turn it off. I don't foresee a problem with that although in a few instances a couple of windows we have on the round have no sills.

Odd Bod window cleaners in Norfolk (I think) got rid of all their Aquadapters and replaced them with Aquataps as they preferred them (slightly lighter). However, they are looking at replacing those with the new Univalve when that comes out.

Thanks guys, it's really interesting to hear all your thoughts. I'm thinking for £15 it might be worth trying an Aquatap.

So my next question is... My poles look like this:

f09a80f2960000309c5e080ed5075b44.jpg

Which is different to all the poles on the online tutorials I've seen about fitting the aquatap. Am I going to have a problem?

There is a knack to using it. As you get used to it you figure out ways on awkward windows, like pushing the brush up into the top of the window to twist or pushing into a corner. Nothing is straight forward cleaning windows, but, to me, the benefits of using the AquqTap are better than anything else out there at the moment. I have full control over water.With the Tap at the top of the pole and no join on the hose showing, I find this the best and most efficient way of cleaning.
Jimmy post a vid

I may purchase a few

@jimmyboots put some pictures up of how to fit an Aquatap to a CLX pole.

Can't fit my Aqua tap on my Clx?

I'm not sure what resinek you have. I appears to be this one. (Resinek type 1).

Angle Adapter Quick-Release (Type 1) Gooseneck - Plastic Goosenecks - Goosenecks & Pole Fittings - Water-Fed Poles - All Products Gardiner Pole Systems

If it is, is this glued into the end of your pole? (When Gardiners brought out the Resinek they added an extra clamp at the end of the top section to clamp the resinek in place.) Yours hasn't a clamp.

Anyway, if you follow @jimmyboots picture you will be able to set it up.

You need to order some O clips as well.

Latest Posts

Back