Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Quit Smoking

CNS-southwest

Well decided to give it. Crack, last night I was at a wedding and about 6 people had these electric cigarettes, tried one and it seemed ok, so bought myself a disposable one today, lasts the equivalent of 40 fags for £6.95

So far not too bad, tastes like a different brand rather than not a ***, we shall see how it goes. I'm using a Nicolette one, but if it goes ok then ill but a iclear which is £15 is not a disposable one.

Anyone else quitting or used one before?

good man its looks so out of date these days anyway hate seeing it and it does my head in when there all stood outside pubs puffing when im trying to get in.

them lecky cigs are good me daughter packed in using them;)

Mate I quit after 4 years of smoking. Personally I had no difficulty but this was purely down to how stubborn I am, not my will power!

Consider going to your GP to talk about what programmes the NHS have. I know this sounds a bit overkill but this is exactly what the programmes are design for.

The programmes will teach you what to expect and how to manage your cravings.

I've been smoking since I was 16, stopped several times, once for 6months. The last time I quit was when my lad was born An I stopped for 6weeks (I don't smoke at home or around him at all) and now the little girl is due in the next coming weeks, well I figured I need to give it another shot.

So yer fingers crossed this time, today has been ok... Tomorrow is the real test lol

Smoked for 15years and managed to stop without using anything,

Had last *** at night and then in the morning didn't have anything

just got to go cold turkey and will power!

Good luck with it.

I had an ego T system to stop smoking was on it good an propper to start with but then cut down til

I stopped completley paid £30 for the set up and some juice and was the best way of stopping I had found .

20 lambert is £7.50
£7.50 x 365 = £2737.50

Next 10 years smoking will cost me at least £27k

I need to stop!!
That's only if you just have 20 a day! Be more if you ended up smoking more, just think what some if the people smoking 40,60 or 80 aday spend!!!!

Smoked for years and years then gave up about a year ago.

If you my advice ditch the electronic cigarette ASAP.

It's the hand to mouth action you need to break.

If you do wanna go down the e cig route. Then search for one called the Titan. It's fantastic.

The electronic cigarette company sells them.

My advice would be do go down the patch route. The newer patches are great and you could get em on the NHS.

Whatever you decided, good luck.

I couldn't imagine some things with out a cig.

Drinks

Food

Even after sex!

But I tell you what it's the best thing I ever did was give up.

I have tried the patch route 3 times But didn't work for me /emoticons/sad.png

In in high strength electric now, when should I go Down a level? 6-8weeks maybe ??

You should be able to cut down over 12 weeks

4 weeks at high

4 weeks at med

4 weeks at low.

Then slowly go to zero nictotine after the 12 weeks.

Never smoked, but my mother did, took her around 5 months to quit, after smoking at age of 14. She quit smoking 17 years ago, now 63 years old. You can do it dude...

Not a dig but I'm surprised so many of you smoke!!! Never smoked, wouldn't even consider paying money to kill myself!! That's crazy but good luck if you're trying to give up lads. I think there are more non smokers nowadays than smokers. The ban was the best thing they ever did

Back