Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hello from "lovely" Hull...im Tintin(The New Guy)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tintin

Hi Lady's & Gents
Just wanted to come introduce myself,I'm Tintin (real names Sean),I'm from Hull(Yorkshire) and been window cleaning for about 3-4 years in total,I originally started way back before that whole covid nightmare working for a nationwide company cleaning shops right across Yorkshire,then covid happened so put a stop to window cleaning,now I'm with a different company but still doing shops & pubs right across yorkshire(a ridiculous sized patch but hay hoo its work)

Hope to get to learn/teach some knowledge while I'm here,so don't be shy come and say hello...

Welcome @Tintin . You will find us a friendly bunch, well most of the time :cool: .
I think most here tend to be either self employed or run their own companies, but everyone is welcome.
Do you mainly do the shops trad or wfp? Have you ever considered going it alone and becoming self employed?

I usually do them trad but every now and then I give all the frames(and sometimes shop sign)a good go over with wfp.
And I've definitely thought about packing it in with the company's and going self employed but not done it "yet"

I usually do them trad but every now and then I give all the frames(and sometimes shop sign)a good go over with wfp.
And I've definitely thought about packing it in with the company's and going self employed but not done it "yet"
I would say all the info to go on your own is here on this forum plus you already have the skills to do the window cleaning part. Obviously it's not all roses being self employed as you have to do everything and it's not a guaranteed pay packet at the end of the month and no holiday or sick pay but you can work when you want and for who you want - depending on how much you need to earn :)
Don't consider jumping to self employed until you have decent savings behind you as gaining customers isn't a quick process!

I would say all the info to go on your own is here on this forum plus you already have the skills to do the window cleaning part. Obviously it's not all roses being self employed as you have to do everything and it's not a guaranteed pay packet at the end of the month and no holiday or sick pay but you can work when you want and for who you want - depending on how much you need to earn :)
Don't consider jumping to self employed until you have decent savings behind you as gaining customers isn't a quick process!
That's the main reason I've joined this place,to learn from the people that know

Thanks for your input ched,hugely appreciated.

Latest Posts

Back