Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is there another way?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Danfire

Although I said to myself that I wouldn't take on any work other than my window cleaning round as an ex-carpenter I have found myself doing more and more odd jobs for customers. I can't seem to help myself, I see stuff that needs repairing and I my big mouth gets me more to do, next thing I'm picking up supplies to fix broken glass, easing sticking doors or adjusting locks etc.

The latest job I have been asked to tackle (not committed to doing yet) is a dripping gutter joint, ordinarily, a simple five minute job, but this joint is directly above a large conservatory. The only way I can see to access this joint (without putting up scaffold) is to throw a line over the top of the roof and go over in my harness. Anyone got any better ideas?

Although I said to myself that I wouldn't take on any work other than my window cleaning round as an ex-carpenter I have found myself doing more and more odd jobs for customers. I can't seem to help myself, I see stuff that needs repairing and I my big mouth gets me more to do, next thing I'm picking up supplies to fix broken glass, easing sticking doors or adjusting locks etc.
The latest job I have been asked to tackle (not committed to doing yet) is a dripping gutter joint, ordinarily, a simple five minute job, but this joint is directly above a large conservatory. The only way I can see to access this joint (without putting up scaffold) is to throw a line over the top of the roof and go over in my harness. Anyone got any better ideas?
No Dan. Your experience / gut instinct is right. SCAFFOLD. THEY want the job done? BILL 'EM......DAN!...because he's WORTH it ! Sort yourself out man, cleaner or chippy?

Back