Hello I am the King of Nigeria...I was told...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Green Pro Clean Ltd, Mar 14, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Green Pro Clean Ltd Grand Master

Jan 20, 2015
    that you are a most trust worthy and reliable individual - I have to hide my countries entire GDP before the revolution so I have decided to give it to you. It is only £100'000'000'000'000'000

All you need to do to to certify your account is transfer a paltry £10'000 to my account here at the First Number One Most Trusted Banking Institute Of Nigeria.

On a serious note, here's how my day started:

Washed the car, advertised it on Gumtree

I had a guy ask best price via email so I said call and we could discuss -

Here's the email conversation that followed.

Thanks for getting back to me, and I really appreciate your prompt
    reply as well. I will like to make a deal with you. But, I am
    presently out of town at the moment (on the sea right now), I work
    with OMS Offshore Marine Services Pty Ltd and we are presently
    offshore in Australia on Gorgon Project. I am buying this as a
    surprise gift for my cousin and he doesn't know about it at all.
    However, I'm just asking about it to make sure its in good condition
    and does it have any history I should be aware of? and why are you
    selling it if you don't mind my asking and I will really appreciate if
    you can email more info and if possible more photos as well. I can
    only pay through PayPal at the moment as I don't have access to my
    bank account online (I don't have internet banking with it), but I
    have it attached to my PayPal account, and this is why I insisted on
    using PayPal to pay. All I will need is your registered email with
    PayPal and your full name on it to make the payment, and if you don't
    have a PayPal account yet, you can set one it can't take you less
    than 3 mins to do that, I will be expecting your PayPal email address
    with your full name on it so l can pay in and your phone number. I
    have a pick up agent that will come for the pick up after the payment
    has been sorted as well. Thanks. I will be looking forward to read
    from you soon.

My reply:

Ahhh, what a fun way to start my Saturday

No you cant have my Paypal account. No you cant send a shipping agent to collect it, no you cant go to your bank and claim your payment back a week after collecting my car.

Do you people really think we are idiots?

Send the payment to your Agent, he may then come to my premises to collect the car with cash and ID. As I will be away with work on my space ship somewhere around Mars the WIFI signal is not too good so I will not be able to check my account.

However my cousin will be here to ensure the transaction goes smoothly, you will like him he is a Police Officer with the Metropolitan Police Fraud Investigation unit.

Remember to have you agent bring the CASH, his ID, and a certified letter from you that he is acting on your behalf.

I look forward to your expedient response. :)

I am still sitting here waiting for his response with baited breath! :oops:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. strech

strech Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2015
    2nd one definitely sounds like a scam to me, but could you please pass me the king of Nigeria`s E-mail address if your not going for that one ta. :rofl:
  3. TolishAPurd

Nov 3, 2013
    The start of the email all sounds promising, but there is a pushy undertone towards the end that makes it come across as a scam. If he was legit, who the ****does he think he is telling you to set up a PP account. Whether its a scam or not there is no way I would accept that as a method of payment. As the seller, you are fooked if they claim the money back not to mention the charges.
  4. Andy cherry

Andy cherry Member

Oct 5, 2014
    Sucker .....can't see what the problem is here....I know that bloke from Nigeria your on about. Just spoke to him yesterday in weather spoons.
    As for the other guy could you forward his e mail address might have been the guy whose call I keep missing....

bloody zipped up at the back me
  5. windowsurfer

windowsurfer Forum Addict

Apr 30, 2014
    I had that on gumtree when selling windsurfing kit, they also worked of shore, New zeland, they even sent a photo of passport. They had ordered a courier n crate to pick it up:rofl:. My kit was only £250, older stuff, it would have cost a fortune to ship it to other end of planet. Just a nasty scam. Gumtree seemingly rife with scam.
  6. draintecmidland

Mar 18, 2015

I am from UK west midlands, I am here to know more about cleanig issues and i think here all members of this forum are quite well in cleaning.I am so much glad to be a part of this forum.
    Thank You