Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What was you strike rate when starting out?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Well that's the kit ordered today, along with roof bars for the ladders!

Got my business cards made up today too and very pleased with them, also managed to get the owners house to clean too haha, so that's me up to 4 customers so far, and going out to canvas tonight along with my fresh cards. Planning on writing the price of the clean on the back of them as I hand the card over to them, what do you think?

Well back to the same estate I was in on Saturday and knocked on another 6 doors, and picked up another 2 customers. Heading out to 2 new build estates tomorrow when my boy is at nursery so will give me 3 hours to knock on doors. Going to write down those that are in and those that are out this time too!

Well back to the same estate I was in on Saturday and knocked on another 6 doors, and picked up another 2 customers. Heading out to 2 new build estates tomorrow when my boy is at nursery so will give me 3 hours to knock on doors. Going to write down those that are in and those that are out this time too!
youre doing good Skul !

youre doing good Skul !
Thanks mate, it's surprising how miserable people can be when you knock on their door.

Although you do find the gems too.

Had a lovely old lady say not just now to me tonight, but said she will keep me in mind as she's going for an operation, must have talked to her for a good 10 minutes, told her to just get back on her feet and if she wants them done then just to let me know. Couldn't have been any nicer.

Just need my kit to arrive and then it will be practice, practice, practice.... Used to help a guy using WFP years back before my daughter was born and have never picked up a squeegee haha

Thanks mate, it's surprising how miserable people can be when you knock on their door.
Although you do find the gems too.

Had a lovely old lady say not just now to me tonight, but said she will keep me in mind as she's going for an operation, must have talked to her for a good 10 minutes, told her to just get back on her feet and if she wants them done then just to let me know. Couldn't have been any nicer.

Just need my kit to arrive and then it will be practice, practice, practice.... Used to help a guy using WFP years back before my daughter was born and have never picked up a squeegee haha
the chat/banter is what its all about. in my opinion.

i wouldnt fret about practicing too much either, 1 st day i started i hadnt even had a go on a window in fact my ladder still had its wrapping on it when 1st customer said yes! thinking back,how amateur that must have looked-i even asked her for the price /emoticons/smile.png

the chat/banter is what its all about. in my opinion.
i wouldnt fret about practicing too much either, 1 st day i started i hadnt even had a go on a window in fact my ladder still had its wrapping on it when 1st customer said yes! thinking back,how amateur that must have looked-i even asked her for the price /emoticons/smile.png
Haha that's magic! I'm struggling at times to get prices right, picked up a bungalow today only 6 windows and said £3! I'm unsure if I'm pricing myself too low or not!

Haha that's magic! I'm struggling at times to get prices right, picked up a bungalow today only 6 windows and said £3! I'm unsure if I'm pricing myself too low or not!
that does sound low. £1 per window is the industry rock bottom certainly in the south east of england

what i used to do if i thought id gone too low was price the next one on the high side , robbing peter to pay paul

that does sound low. £1 per window is the industry rock bottom certainly in the south east of england
what i used to do if i thought id gone too low was price the next one on the high side , robbing peter to pay paul
Cheers for the info mate, don't think there's anyway I would get that up here, my old windie used to only take £4 from me with 9 windows!

Just remember that every round on here big and small have one thing in common, they all started with just 1 customer.
Very true mate, I'm really looking forward to this new chapter, I have to admit it won't be a full time career for me as I'm a Firefighter but I'm certainly not one to sit on my **** all day, need to keep myself busy.

Well that's my gear arrived, still waiting on my wagtail stuff but as of Monday I'm good to go! Picked up a couple of more customers and even a guest house (but doubt I'll keep that on, to many daft windows to do!) heading back out tonight to canvass and that will be the 4th night since Saturday. Business account applied for today and still waiting on HMRC to pull their fingers out!

Good luck skul, just be carefull youre not building a round full of low priced work that youre going to regret if your pricing that low. It is harder up north no doubt, where abouts are you?

Good luck skul, just be carefull youre not building a round full of low priced work that youre going to regret if your pricing that low. It is harder up north no doubt, where abouts are you?
cheers mate, I'm in North Ayrshire and the prices up here are strange, ranging from someone doing my full house (9 windows) traditionally for £4 and a guy around the corner that charges £6 for the same sized house, ive plumbed into £5 minimum for the houses that I'm canvassing from now on and think that is a good price to go with.

out tomorrow to do my first 4 customers (all right next to each other) and been practicing on my own windows since Thursday, my back window has never looked so clean haha!

Well that was me out to do my first 4 houses today, took me 2 hours to do, so I need to get my speed up to make it worth while, and hopefully I won't have any complaints lol.

Left my 14" squeegee at the first house and didn't realise until I was around the corner and mopping the first upper window! Ended up just finishing the other 3 houses with my 10" which is probably why it took so long!

I'm using Pulex just now as a starter kit, should I buy something different/better?

They certainly are nasty prices up there mate.

It might be worth you at least trying to get higher prices if you canbut it depends how bad you need the work. I thought i had it bad up here but i wouldnt clean houses for a fiver id rather do something else tbh.

Its more for some extra cash mate, I'm a full time firefighter so have a rake of time on my hands. Would love to charge more per house but that's the average price up here.

Went and collected my pay just now, no complaints and picked up another 2 custys. I was also asked about doing an inside clean, but didn't know how to price it, so said to her that I'll think it through, how much would you guys charge? Do I double the price of the normal clean.

Its more for some extra cash mate, I'm a full time firefighter so have a rake of time on my hands. Would love to charge more per house but that's the average price up here.
Went and collected my pay just now, no complaints and picked up another 2 custys. I was also asked about doing an inside clean, but didn't know how to price it, so said to her that I'll think it through, how much would you guys charge? Do I double the price of the normal clean.
if youre a firefighter you should be pricing Higher than what the local windies are -cos its not your bread n butter

dont go lower than them - its wrong if you do

I always charge double, never had anyone moan. It takes longer, you have to be more careful, reach over furniture etc and you have to arrange a time, so all more hassle to make up price difference. Get them to clear window sills and draw back blinds/curtains etc before you start!

if youre a firefighter you should be pricing Higher than what the local windies are -cos its not your bread n butterdont go lower than them - its wrong if you do
I've not priced lower than them mate, I'm pricing the same price as the other guy in the estate, and I only found that out after I had priced several houses already. No intention of taking work away from anyone else or undercut anyone, every house I have didn't have a windy, and I had 2 people ask me to beat his price, told them exactly that, I'm not here to take business away from anyone. People up here are very loyal to the windy they have, and will stick with them unless they do a **** job.

If your happy with the price thats all that matters mate.

As for insides, yeh double but i dont do those either lol, too much hassle and too much to break, also takes too long

Latest Posts

Back