Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner vs water genie

WCF

Help Support WCF:

L

Liam2302

Apart from the fact the watergenie doubles as a trolley and price difference, what are the other differences and which is the best one to get and why..

40e9dbee43cae77b51b259b0f7b61c04.jpeg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I have both the genies trolly is a good idea but a little plastic and the handle isn't great the gardiner handle is very good both do there job as far as a delevery unit

Yeah I'm looking for something well made would you say the gardiner one is made better and will last longer?

The water genie is solid, love it. Looking to buy a second soon, battery lasts ages, holds 20l easy and when full its still mobile. The only flaw is that you can't lift it with the plastic handle when full, but I just lift by the straps. And I've abused it and im heavy handed with it. @Green Pro Clean Ltd has 2 and rates them highly

Gardiners is a really solid built backpack, Only had mine a week but not used it yet it will do for a couple of wc jobs but add ons mostly which was the reason I bought it .

Gardiner all the way for me had this about a year now use it for hard to access areas ( through houses etc). I am going to use it for hypo soon as I've read it works well as long as you rinse afterwards.

Bought a Gardiners last week and I'm impressed with it. It's the only backpack ive ever bought

Do both these models allow you to control the flow rate?Whats the best price they can be purchased for?
Water genie has a on of switch and a dial, really easy to control flow, and its cheaper at £80ish. Also has voltage meter so you can see exactly how much charge is in it at all times. Never used gardiners so can't comment on it

I

Is the water genie DE protected as well or does anyone use with uni valve is it ok?
Iv Been using the water genie with univalve for 5 months full time , the pump don't completely shut down when you pull the valve but it goes a lot slower , very well made back pack , i put mine on s sturdy sack truck , and cos the lid is flat you can sit another barrel on top with bungie if you going far from van

I
Iv Been using the water genie with univalve for 5 months full time , the pump don't completely shut down when you pull the valve but it goes a lot slower , very well made back pack , i put mine on s sturdy sack truck , and cos the lid is flat you can sit another barrel on top with bungie if you going far from van
Why did you put it on a sack truck ad not use the trolley it comes with

Why did you put it on a sack truck ad not use the trolley it comes with
The trolly it came with fell apart in 2 weeks it's not up 2 the challenge of being wheeled round all day full of water , i then went through another 2 small collapsible trollys that Id got from b&q they lasted about a month each , then just got a propa sack truck with pump up tires , it's more heavy but should last year's , and because the tires are chunky it's easy to go on gravely and off roading

I use the gardiners with a uni valve and it dead ends when you pull it. Great for keeping water usage down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if I can use a uni valve with this back pack?Streamline® mobile filtration WFP systems, Filterplus Streamflo16 delivery

I currently get about 8 mins use and it needs a refill....
I noticed the operating pressure is stated as 130psi. If that is accurate the univalve will probably not work. I fitted a fixed 115psi pump to my trolley and the univalve was impossible to operate due to the pressure. I had to change the pressure switch to a much lower rated one from another pump before it would work. I think it's running at about 40psi now which is more than enough to do work at 35 feet.

I noticed the operating pressure is stated as 130psi. If that is accurate the univalve will probably not work. I fitted a fixed 115psi pump to my trolley and the univalve was impossible to operate due to the pressure. I had to change the pressure switch to a much lower rated one from another pump before it would work. I think it's running at about 40psi now which is more than enough to do work at 35 feet.
All i can think of doing is putting it on a trolley, putting a 25 litre water container on top of it with a tap, cutting a hole in the back pack and piping the extra water direct into the tank to give me a bit more time cleaning..

Back