Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Arghhhhhh! Bad day!

• Thread starter MyLittleCleaningCompany
  • Start date
M

MyLittleCleaningCompany

Well I had two new customers today along with my normal ones but I'm stuck at home. Why? - Because my stupid ionic pole snapped at the top! Not a happy chappy!

I have a 32ft Grafter Plus which is an ok pole or so I thought. The screw end at the top had started to become loose and upon inspection one of the rivets had come off but the brush was firmly in place it just moved slightly. I carried on a little annoyed as it's only just over 2 months old when the end snapped off completely.

Ironically I had just shipped my two spare / old poles off yesterday that I managed to sell with my trolley. Arghhhhh! So I'm sitting here waiting for the sales person to get back to me which should be interesting after my last dealings with them. So much for never contacting that company again. I just hope they prove me wrong and sort the matter out.

So to share the bad luck around, what's been a bad day for you?

J

Today, I've had two unproductive days for various reasons and now it's snowing, everythings thick with it.

Unhappy.

i have had the week off, got a hotel to do tomoz then a caravan park on friday, then start again next week, back working on my own so should be fun

i had a great start to the week Monday and Tuesday today tomorrow and Friday got loads of bits to do here and there all new customers tho so makes me happy :]

ya lets hope thay sort it out do i see a slx coming on lol ?

and your week can only get better for sure lol

I never got out yesterday with the weather, have 45 new cleans plus all my usual work for the week, quite windy and going slow, can't wait to get my wfp for this area especially!

Today, I've had two unproductive days for various reasons and now it's snowing, everythings thick with it.

Unhappy.
Snow!! It was only summer weather the other week!

Well to be fair to ionic, they are sending a replacement section out to me.The guy only sent an email however, obviously couldn't face speaking to me after last time!!

It is raining big time in Cambridge so wouldn't have got much work done anyway. (Well, outside work. Doing boring admin at the mo)

Glad some people are having a good week tho!

rule number 1 buddy-always have a spare pole, my ninjas on it's way out, just hope i can get it to last till i can afford clx, but held together with tape all over!

i have a back up pole which is light but modular, and my original unger which is telescopic but heavy! but at least one way or another i can work if the ninja cops it. would definately recommend an alloy as a spare as they are practically indestructible, you could buy an harris from bnq for 20 quid and diy it to wfp.

also having a bad one here lousy out there!

rule number 1 buddy-always have a spare pole, my ninjas on it's way out, just hope i can get it to last till i can afford clx, but held together with tape all over!

i have a back up pole which is light but modular, and my original unger which is telescopic but heavy! but at least one way or another i can work if the ninja cops it. would definately recommend an alloy as a spare as they are practically indestructible, you could buy an harris from bnq for 20 quid and diy it to wfp.

Couldn't agree more. Bad timing or bad luck on my behalf, the two spare poles I had I shipped out yesterday with my trolley system. But the good news is the sale has got me a SLX 22 & 35 coming tomorrow and ionic are sending a new section for my 32ft Grafter Plus which will be my spare.

I wouldn't have got any cleaning done today anyway so not all bad after all! /emoticons/biggrin.png

I bought 2 Harris poles 5mtrs £15 each. 2 Harris metal broom handles 15 mtrs of 5mm hose and made two spare poles and have used both of them and they work brilliantly. With a few connections got 2 spare poles for roughly £60 and there great. All from b&q.

Well I had two new customers today along with my normal ones but I'm stuck at home. Why? - Because my stupid ionic pole snapped at the top! Not a happy chappy!

I have a 32ft Grafter Plus which is an ok pole or so I thought. The screw end at the top had started to become loose and upon inspection one of the rivets had come off but the brush was firmly in place it just moved slightly. I carried on a little annoyed as it's only just over 2 months old when the end snapped off completely.

Ironically I had just shipped my two spare / old poles off yesterday that I managed to sell with my trolley. Arghhhhh! So I'm sitting here waiting for the sales person to get back to me which should be interesting after my last dealings with them. So much for never contacting that company again. I just hope they prove me wrong and sort the matter out.

J
Thats pants man, i thought ionics was supposed to be good quality stuff?!. I slag off my brodex poles, but the only problem i have with them (apart from brodex service), is an on going battle to keep the clamps working, and my 34' one is getting close to 3 years old. Maybe they are not so bad after all!. I will be going to gardiners when i can afford to replace them though.

Yeah, i had been thinking of a 34' alloy 'hydra' to replace my 34' fibreglass, but its just these clamps, they do my head in!. I recently had to stop using my small (9' i think) alloy brodex pole because the clamp on the 2nd section is knackered. Had to go back to using a 'mongrel' i put together using bits i had scrounged from other windys when i started!. I would use another make of clamp if i knew it would fit!.

What i really fancy is a gardiners 35' slx and a 10' clx, but the slx is £385+vat :-(

I'm guessin brodex are ok tho for the price? Well they can't be to bad if yours has lasted so long.

J
Thats pants man, i thought ionics was supposed to be good quality stuff?!. I slag off my brodex poles, but the only problem i have with them (apart from brodex service), is an on going battle to keep the clamps working, and my 34' one is getting close to 3 years old. Maybe they are not so bad after all!. I will be going to gardiners when i can afford to replace them though.
That's what I thought! I've only had two dealings with them, when I brought the pole then when I nearly got a system (thank god I didn't). I'd never go back to them!

3 years is good going though, maybe Brodex & ionic should both invest in some customer service training.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must admit my last employer had ionics heated system and everything else ionics, he has no trouble at all with them they were more than helpful if anything went wrong and always replaced parts.

I think there premier systems are very very good. Not impressed with their poles or customer service though.

But different people, different circumstances.

I'm guessin brodex are ok tho for the price? Well they can't be to bad if yours has lasted so long.
Big one has lasted, but i had to re-glue all the clamps within the 1st month, and have replaced all the clamp levers. They really are getting to the end of the line now though!. The small one was a disappointment, i havnt had it for that long, about a year, but it was cheap!.

J
That's what I thought! I've only had two dealings with them, when I brought the pole then when I nearly got a system (thank god I didn't). I'd never go back to them!

3 years is good going though, maybe Brodex & ionic should both invest in some customer service training.

Well i have had no dealings at all with ionics, so cant really comment, but as for brodex, yes, customer service is sadly lacking!

I must admit my last employer had ionics heated system and everything else ionics, he has no trouble at all with them they were more than helpful if anything went wrong and always replaced parts.
The Ionics systems are superb quality - but for some Bizzare reason their poles are poor! I have an Ionic system which as I say is great - but all my poles are Gardiners /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back