Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole hose help

paul1

Hi guys hope al well... I'm still really struggling with finding a good pole hose thought id cracked it with the blue exceed and I do like it but keeps curling back up mainly I think because of way was packaged and sent when ordered keeps curling back the way it was..

the black stuff was good in summer but found too hard in winter

any advice on any new or old pole hose that is really good ? or recommend way of straightening out the exceed stuff?

driving me mad when working any tips? thanks as always

Here's something you could try. Take the blue hose out the pole, put a brick on one end, walk the hose up your garden so its straight, and then put a brick on the other end. Then keep boiling your kettle and pour it over the hose from one end to the other.

This should iron out the memory of how the hose was packed.

When storing it away, its important to have the loops as big as possible. Good luck

mine has started to do that ,more frequently now, over a year old, if you remember to unhook it before use and straighten it all out before you start your days work, should be better. the hell we suffer . kinky pole hoses.

I've no problems with my blue exceed, maybe as Peter says as mine is tubeless it's on the reel all the time , the only time it curls up is if I coil it and pull by the actual hose

Gardiners reinforced stuff has no memory so always lays flat with no kinks

If you use push fit connectors you will need hosetails for the ends to make them 8mm though as they are slightly wider

I boiled mine for about five minutes in a large pan (with the wife's permission /emoticons/biggrin.png:D) so it was all nice and hot, then quickly laid it out and allowed it to cool whilst weighted down at both ends. Once completely cold I recoiled it in much larger coils.

For reference I use a trolley with 25mtrs of the stuff. If I make too many turns in one direction whilst working it starts to lift off the floor so I just disconnect it from the pole (I'm tubeless) and untwist it and reconnect. Takes seconds

I considered Gardiner's reinforced hose but I like to keep things as light as possible. My preference is all

I heard Rhino hose is exceptionally good but it seems you can only get it from the USA and it's not cheap from what I recall

I use clear tubing from b&q. Had the gardiner all season yellow before and it's shite after a while. The clear stuff is great

When winding the hose in with one hand, I guide it and use a damp cloth in the other to let the hose slip through a tight pinch of the cloth, cleans the hose, grips out the twist as the hose spins it out if your grip is tight enough.

Back