Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Decking!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Diwrnach

Got a very large decking to clean a week on Monday, its got to be around 20 meters long by around 6 meters wide.

1% hypo?

Only have a pump up sprayer so will probably have to do it in sections, been concerned about overlap being cleaner and noticible.

Whats the max time I could leave it on? wondering if i could spray the lot fast enough before having to rinse it off, and then obviously would have to rinse in stages?

Any advice?

Just cleaned my own decking with my FSC on full power (200 bar) and it has come up a treat.

Went over it three times then swilled down, job done.

21lpm with a 20" FSC.

If you keep it moving you shouldn't get any rings but if you do just go over it until the rest of the wood is as clean.

Blasted out a bit of rotten wood but that is going to happen if it is rotten, apart from that it is a great job.

Same lpm as my machine with a 21" fsc, have you rejetted your fsc? reason i ask is the jets i have in mine have been changed to suit the machine and quite a lot more powerfull than standard ones.

Those jets will be 035 then, you want to consider rejetting it, makes a massive difference! there is a table I think on rutland pumps website? I forget now, well worth doing and only a few quid, I would need to turn mine down I think as its way more powerful than standard.

You will be amazed at the difference it makes, honestly it will be the best thing you ever did with your FSC.

Thank me once you tried it /emoticons/smile.png

The fsc come with a standard sized jet to suit a random machine, they can be used with anything from 8lmp up to 30, they just sell them with any jet in, honestly changing them to a jet to suit your pressure washer will make a MASSIVE difference.

Actually just got my old jets out they are 030 as well, I must have remembered wrong.

Either way, they don't suit my or your machine /emoticons/smile.png

Before I changed them weeds were an issue in block paving if they were well rooted, with the propor jets it rips them all straight out no worries.

You will be amazed at the difference it makes, honestly it will be the best thing you ever did with your FSC.
Thank me once you tried it /emoticons/smile.png
Just looked at the chart and it says somewhere between a 030 and 035, what size are your nozzles?

Yep, but my rotary isn't a mosmatic so make sure you don't get the same as mine as I think its a different thread?

It made a massive difference on mine, it was the chap at Rutland pumps who posts on here sometimes that put me on to them, I posted a year or more ago about having problems with weeds and block paving and he posted about it and messaged me, he was bang on as well.

Not sure I want my FSC to get all the weeds out!

At the moment it cleans the bevel nicely and takes out most of the weeds but if they are rooted deep into the sand between the pavers I then use a turbo nozzle. If the FSC got the deep rooted weeds out it would be taking a lot more sand with it and all over the drive which means more mess to clean up and more sand to brush in.

Back