Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Removing Lead Stains

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Well I can't get lead stains off glass I'm not rubbing king Edwards Potatoes on glass I'm a window cleaner not a potato farmer I'll send you down I couldn't get it off with a scraper and I'm not damaging glass you've got the job if you want what's the call out charge?
Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Yep.. any spud will do. However a scraper will not.

Just one of those things the scraper wont shift lead staining but Unger Rub Out Cream does.

Not the cheapest option at £15-£20 per bottle but usually the best option.

Won't look too professional turning up with a Spud does this Unger rub out get rust off pvc Sills I've just ordered 3 Univalves off WCW on line I might phone them at 9 an order a bottle of this. Is there a method using this for example do you apply and leave it for a bit or do you just rub it with a cloth till the stains come off?

Just ordered some Unger rub out as I have a customer that as one window that as a patch of spots on it and can't clean them ordered mine from eBay free postage £13.xx

The bottle arrived yesterday thanks I'll try it out.:thumbsup:
It would be interesting to hear how you manage.

We only had one issue of lead staining on a wooden conservatory roof. The conservatory roof is glass and butted up against the house wall. It also overlooks the North Sea. The staining from the lead drip tray at the top on the glass was so bad that build-up was like a layer of lead.

We did our best but the owner wasn't impressed.

Rightly or wrongly, I resolved from then on that I wouldn't get involved with anything like it again.

The bottle arrived yesterday thanks I'll try it out.:thumbsup:
Mine came today got approx three weeks before I try on a window that as bad spotting tried lots of things nothing so far as removed it's like spotting under a invisible film coating just hope this will work.

Got some Bar Keepers Friend which can be used on glass can be bought for less than £2 from home bargains does everything Unger Rub Out claims to do , Going to test it on lead stains today if possible noticed it on a custys window the other day and back in the area today so will pop back and do test if custy is in to ask if ok and will update later .

Got some Bar Keepers Friend which can be used on glass can be bought for less than £2 from home bargains does everything Unger Rub Out claims to do , Going to test it on lead stains today if possible noticed it on a custys window the other day and back in the area today so will pop back and do test if custy is in to ask if ok and will update later .
I'd be interested in finding out if that works IronGiant.

We use it on our kitchen worktops, never thought to use it on the windows....

Sent from my CUBOT DINOSAUR using Tapatalk

Bar keepers friend is good stuff and does well. Only downside is it is a powder and you gotta get a good consistency first if you know what I mean. Have a couple of bottles in the van myself.

My goto is always RubOut as open bottle pour and scrub. Job done.

Bar keepers friend is good stuff and does well. Only downside is it is a powder and you gotta get a good consistency first if you know what I mean. Have a couple of bottles in the van myself.
My goto is always RubOut as open bottle pour and scrub. Job done.
I take that's with a wet Scourer I'm old enough to remember Vim and Ajax.

Back