Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water pressure

craig at pure

i have just got a PRF RO - REVERSE OSMOSIS UNIT from gardiner's. but my water pressure is on 30psi, but i need 40 psi for it to work, they say i need this SWITCHED BOOSTER PUMP KIT - 240V FOR PRF-RO SYSTEMS at £350.

dose any one use this RO and what pumps are they using.

i have just got a PRF RO - REVERSE OSMOSIS UNIT from gardiner's. but my water pressure is on 30psi, but i need 40 psi for it to work, they say i need this SWITCHED BOOSTER PUMP KIT - 240V FOR PRF-RO SYSTEMS at £350.

dose any one use this RO and what pumps are they using.
Alex says that this is the booster pump to use for the r/o he sells. When he says it, you can take it as 100% correct.

This unit pushes the pressure up to a max of 85psi which is fine for membranes.

Years back the only other alternative other r/o suppliers used to advise using was this one;

Clarke CBM240E 1" Multi Stage 230V Booster Pump - Machine Mart - Machine Mart

It has a max pressure boost to 112psi which I believe could be a little high for some membranes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Won't it work OK at 30psi only slower ?
Yes it will work but it will be less efficient than they already are. Lower water pressure means that the pure will have a higher tds and that means more resin to polish it off.

He needs a booster pump asap.

My ro recommends 40 psi but my tap only managers 30 but it still gives me 7 TDs from 270 tap water, can't see any booster improving that really

My ro recommends 40 psi but my tap only managers 30 but it still gives me 7 TDs from 270 tap water, can't see any booster improving that really
Have you got a PRF or its predecessor the Merlin r/o?

You could probably get away with a lower water pressure on the RoMan type r/o like I did, but I notice the pure tds output from my 4040 increases when the garden hose is switched on to water the lawn.

So when the wife decides to do some gardening I wait until she's finished before processing water.

Back