Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole tap ?

Jaylee42

Hi all

Really need to put some kind of on off tap on my pole but not sure which type.I mostly use it with the hose on the outside so that i don't get **** in the pole and find it easier to disconnect in a hurry.Was thinking to just put a tap at the top near the brush ?

Lots of windies work with a tap at the top of the pole. It's by far the cheapest way other than pinching your hose.

If you are working with a trolley/backpack I'd suggest the Univalve. Should work inside or outside of your pole and your control is at your fingertips all the time saving you water which is crucial when working with a limited supply.

I use an SLX and though grit can get in the pole particularly when working in wet conditions, I've never had a major problem with the hose inside the pole.

I did try using my pole with the hose on the outside but found that to be a much bigger problem than whether or not grit got in the pole. However, all my work is residential so that may be why I couldn't get on with it.

If you set your pole up to be tubeless it makes it a doddle to disconnect and clean it.

Why put a tap at the top near the brush???

How do you turn it off when you move from window to window.

Why not extend your pole.

About 3 feet from the end of your pole cut it & put in a tap. It's in yer hand then to turn on & off.

Or tape it to the end of your pole

Hi Posh, I wasn't recommending it. It's just I know a lot of windies do work with a tap at the top of the pole. They turn off between properties but not between windows. However, when working with a trolley this can waste a lot of otherwise usable water.

In the past I've always had a trigger attached to my pole but recently made the switch to a Univalve. It was worth it just to get rid of all that extra hose at my feet.

Hi Posh, I wasn't recommending it. It's just I know a lot of windies do work with a tap at the top of the pole. They turn off between properties but not between windows. However, when working with a trolley this can waste a lot of otherwise usable water.
In the past I've always had a trigger attached to my pole but recently made the switch to a Univalve. It was worth it just to get rid of all that extra hose at my feet.
I used those triggers years ago. Marko, did you always find they leaked after few months? I used to get home with one wet foot! :eek:

Hi Steve, I used the Cleantech ones meant for the Cleantech George Vacuum cleaner. Just strapped them straight to the pole with tie wraps. They lasted years. Only leaked when the connections came loose. Just tightened them by hand was all. It was like they were designed for the purpose. Only problem was that 'loop' of hose when the pole was closed up for ground floor work. Took some managing. All gone now thanks to the Univalve. I love it. It will be interesting to see how Gardiner's new tap measures up. I love my swivel so if it doesn't work with that I'm gonna take some convincing

i use the gardiners tap top of pole works great for me

I bought the uni valve , now i think this could be gd

but unfortunatly snapped it while fitting it, silly **** boiling totally my own fault £43 gone

i use the gardiners tap top of pole works great for meI bought the uni valve , now i think this could be gd

but unfortunatly snapped it while fitting it, silly **** boiling totally my own fault £43 gone
Where was it 43 quid?? I got mine on eBay for £32.95 with next day delivery.

i use the gardiners tap top of pole works great for meI bought the uni valve , now i think this could be gd

Must admit, when pushing the PU hose on mine I wondered how easy it would be to break as it did seem flimsy in the face of the effort it took to push it on.

hi m8 @Duncs i use the blue exceed hose i did not like the gaedners yellow as it used to twist realy badly not shore about there new hose tho im shore it wont effect the univalve in opperation tho unless its twisting all the time

Must admit, when pushing the PU hose on mine I wondered how easy it would be to break as it did seem flimsy in the face of the effort it took to push it on.
Dip the end of the hose in a cup of hot water out the kettle

Slides on easy

Back