Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

what Battery for all day use

• Thread starter The window cleaning kid
  • Start date
WCF

Help Support WCF:

T

The window cleaning kid

Hi I'm looking at adding a tank to my van, 350ltr.

This is the battery I'm currently using, I run drums from my trolley system that normally stays in the van.

At the moment I mix trad with pole, and am looking at converting most over to wfp, so a lot more water use and battery.

I do like the fact that I can bring the battery in at night and charge it, so not looking at going down the split relay route.

Do you think this battery can handle all day use, say from 9 till4

if not can a size and brand be recommended please.

View attachment 8806

Split charge relay makes sense mate

No need to ever take off and charge

Get a leisure battery for caravans etc

Just pretend it isn't there and work away

I used to get 2-3 days from a fully charged one of those on my trolley doing 100% wfp using a 100psi 5ltr/min Sureflo pump. For reference I do around 25x 2 and 3 bed terraced houses per day, sometimes more.

thanks for the info guys:thumbsup:

think I will stick with the Bat I have now and may be look at split charge if things get busier.

Nice to Know I can rely on this battery a bit more than I thought cheers

thanks for the info guys:thumbsup:think I will stick with the Bat I have now and may be look at split charge if things get busier.

Nice to Know I can rely on this battery a bit more than I thought cheers

I would imagine that that battery is too small to be charged by a SCR.

Why not ? I have been using a secondhand car battery for nearly 4 years now with a split charger and never had to take it off to charge , still going strong.
Thats great ! Mine couldn't keep a steady flow of power through my pump. Wasn't supplying enough for the pump to run efficiently. When I changed to leisure it was totally different. Currently I use the old car battery to supply my sub pump to distribute water from IBC to the van . It works fine for a short amount of time . As it's supposed to do. Short energy bursts ,that its purpose.

But whatever works for you is great . 4 yrs is a good run ..

Back