Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Slx extension

Neil

I have an SLX35 and need to add a section to it I think it's section 8 , are they easy to fit as I have an end cap on the bottom of my pole is it a case of taking the cap off taking the pole hose out and sliding the new section on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an SLX35 and need to add a section to it I think it's section 8 , are they easy to fit as I have an end cap on the bottom of my pole is it a case of taking the cap off taking the pole hose out and sliding the new section on?

As you stated mate. Easy. Make sure you don't mark your pole base in any way or form. Having issues with my pole splitting when I put extension on at the moment. Don't know why.

Cheers mate , Did you buy the end cap to put on the bottom?

Is it good to buy the end cap or leave it out?

You need something on the end of your pole for protection :thumbsup:.....my Mummy and Daddy told me this back in the 70's :rofl: .

Personaly, I think the end-cap should be supplied with the section.

So bearing that in mind, I would DIY an end-cap from a 'Tennis Ball'......make a 'X' slit for the section end to push into the ball and a small hole for the hose to run through.....job-done :thumbsup:

You need something on the end of your pole for protection :thumbsup:.....my Mummy and Daddy told me this back in the 70's :rofl: .
[emoji23][emoji23]

Here is a video showing how it works - [media]

[/media]
There is the option when buying the extension section to add an end cap. These are left optional as many clients buy 2 or 3 extensions and only want the end cap for the largest extension section.

Yes Alex, but whether buying a single extension or even 2 or 3 of extensions, I think 1 end-cap should be supplied for the largest diameter extension section for free /emoticons/smile.png ....or should I say .....'included in the price' :thumbsup:....sounds nicer that way /emoticons/wink.png/emoticons/biggrin.png.

Yes Alex, but whether buying a single extension or even 2 or 3 of extensions, I think 1 end-cap should be supplied for the largest diameter extension section for free /emoticons/smile.png ....or should I say .....'included in the price' :thumbsup:....sounds nicer that way /emoticons/wink.png/emoticons/biggrin.png.
Hi Bingo

I suppose it is a question of perception of value /emoticons/smile.png We could give it away 'free' however in reality the cost would still be included in the slightly increased section price. I would rather be transparent and only charge a client if one is really needed.

Also with our inventory recording software it would be difficult to write the correct software rules to know which end cap needs to be deducted from stock count. The complexity of this would probably prevent us from implementing it unless we included one with every extension section - this would then lead to many clients having superfluous end-caps that they have paid for in the cost of the section.

Weighing this all up we will probably stick with the current option choice at the moment. We do have a new website and back office software system which is being custom built for us at the moment and maybe when that has gone live in the new year we could look at seeing if there is a better way of optioning this.

Ordered the section 8 and a brush head this morning [emoji106]

It's mad how light the sections are but when put together it's a bit heavier surely the clamps don't weigh much

It's mad how light the sections are but when put together it's a bit heavier surely the clamps don't weigh much

It all adds up. Its when I do a large house, I feel the pain lol. Circulation not what it used to be. Wish I was 20 again. Going to get a small light weight and use larger pole for bigger jobe

Yeah true, does it make my slx35 a 40ft pole now I have the section 8 on it now? I want to buy the next section as well lol

Back