Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WFP in the snow.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

sullybeans

Evening chaps. Just a quick question, about 3 months ago I got my first WFP setup. I am still about 80% traditional. We have had a lot of snow this weekend and no doubt won't be able to ladder anything on Monday. Is it still okay to WFP in the snow. Like does the temperature or anything affect the finish etc. Sorry for the stupid question chaps.

The temps don't affect the finish but you do have to be aware of any hazard you may cause by your water freezing on peoples paths, doorsteps or any public areas etc etc. I've worked in snow quite a few times, my water tank is heated via a 3kw immersion heater though so I have a slightly wider window of opportunity temperature wise.

Wondering that as well. Only just started with wfp. After doing a friends conservatory today. I'm definitely buying some salt. Nearly fell on me ****,wiping the sill after water froze on the shady sides decking.

Just be carefull not to leave yourself open to possible insurance claims due to negligence

People love to play the sueing game nowadays

I would get some rock salt to put down in any pedestrian traffic areas. Also turn the flow down to the minimum you can clean with so water run off is reduced. :)

Sent from my Turbo_mini_F1 using Window Cleaning Forums

My main issue with the snow is driving around in it......had a scary situation last winter where I struggled to stop the van whilst approaching a roundabout.

Just another thing to be wary of ......all common sense

Driving in it is fine for me as i am used to driving big vehicles in it but it is the other idiots on the road you need to watch out for in bad conditions

They don't all have common sense and i have been rear ended a couple of times in the ice and snow

Back