Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water Pressure

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Green Pro Clean Ltd

So yesterday I met a fellow windy at the suppliers buying his first off the shelf WFP system.

As Adam stacked up the bits the look of 'what have I bought' kicked in. So I said bring it on over and I'll help out so we put it together today which brings me to my question.......

His RO has a built in pressure gauge and when I connected it to my tap the pressure gauge said 30 PSI.

Now I don't really understand the water pressure and it fills my 500L in about 5-6 hours through my 20" RO which is OK with me but would I benefit from a booster pump and if so why? What Ideally should water pressure be to get optimum production?

Thanks for the helpful answers in advance.

Mine is around 40 psi which suits me has I have x3 1000 ibc's so one week running one week off, I have a pump but I don't use it but I'd guess it would do an extra 200-250 litres a day with it on

It depends on the membrane inside the housing mate, do you know what type of 4021 you have ? A hf4 4021 technically should be ran at no less than 100 psi and a hf5 no less than 80, although it will work under that but won't be covered under warranty by the manufacturer, we have 30 psi at the warehouse and a 4040 brand new out the box brings our 258 tds down to 24 normally with the booster pump we double fill time and the tds is 6 going into resin, and cheers for helping him /emoticons/wink.png

It depends on the membrane inside the housing mate, do you know what type of 4021 you have ? A hf4 4021 technically should be ran at no less than 100 psi and a hf5 no less than 80, although it will work under that but won't be covered under warranty by the manufacturer, we have 30 psi at the warehouse and a 4040 brand new out the box brings our 258 tds down to 24 normally with the booster pump we double fill time and the tds is 6 going into resin, and cheers for helping him /emoticons/wink.png
Half filling time l, not double!

Water pressure is one of the key factors but a lot of people a mistake thinking it's a key factor. Water flow rate, temp are also other keys factors for optimisation for ro performance.

It's also good to check the specifications of membranes when you purchase and descriptions can often be misleading!

Hi Green, I have been asking professor Google for some advice and after getting my brain boiled by some Hydraulics videos on utube I found this simple neat explanation that helped my get my head round pressure & flow.

Hi Green, I have been asking professor Google for some advice and after getting my brain boiled by some Hydraulics videos on utube I found this simple neat explanation that helped my get my head round pressure & flow.
Please put up a link to the video

Latest Posts

Back