Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Strapped In ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I would try to get the straps over the front corners, rather than over the sides .

Behind the seats. If that makes sense.

You will have more force in an emergency stop might push through straps off.

Only guessing.

You beat me to it Newbie.

If possible I would try and use the baffle cut out in the middle.

Also a simple wooden frame would help a lot.

but thers a massive black metal thing between me and the tank, thats solid and dont move. i looked at it cartwheeling from the rear up and thats why i strapped it that way in.

wont stop it moveing forward in a crash
The Bulkhead will do that.

Think I'd use 4 shorter straps and loop them through the hole where the baffle is, to each corner or side....but that's me /emoticons/smile.png .

seriously when u crash the rear comes up with momentum and it wont come up. the bulk heads solid metal and aint moving. if anything theres more chance of the engine landing on my lap to be honest.

tell u what i got water in it now, just 100L ill test it tomora morning, ill wack the breaks on lol

I was on my phone, thought it was a flimsy metal thing. But yeah i would be happy, as the black metal thing should stop it. I would still look at a wooden cage if your are not going to get a metal one.

damo im going to build some kinda wooden thing over it with a place to put my plastic boxes with clothes and ecover etc in. i got an old metal mesh guard thing that will fit in the back aswell which im going to mod to stop the boxes coming forward, i dont want anything that the insurance ppl can say its a perm fixture if that makes sense. i got the tap on etc and its needs the split relay installed this week when it comes and the wooden box to hold the battery in, thats one thing id be more scared of coming forwards.

yep it will be about 3 inches below the bulkhead, u can see in the pics where the wood will fit ( mdf is easier to use )

Doesn't look safe to me, needs to be bolted to the floor mate, needs to be more then strapped in mate.

i put a pallet under my 250litre flatbed tank then straped down and straped to pallet too though baffeled middle of the tank.... mine never moved.... also meant u could fix mdf to wood to mount pump and controller on....

im not bolting it to the floor, my insurance goes up almost 200 quid, its safer than having 25L barrels in the back i think. plus im getting a cage to go over that bulkhead today so it wont come through. its got 100L of water in it, im going to test it out today with extreme breaking to see if it moves a bit. and to be honest if i have a head on crash i think a water tanks the least of my problems lol, id worry bout having no legs and being a cripple with the engine on my lap

250L but i also have 10x 25L barrels when ever i need them aswell. wouldnt put them all on board tho coz id be over weight. my payloads 600kg. its currently got about 300kg in the back at the min. plus my weight say 90kg aswell and fuel 10kg guessing. getting my vans writing priced up tomorrow morning. re designed it, i think it looks good but i wont let on yet till its done.

Back