Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Being self employed & renting!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

lou

Hey Fella's,

Just wondering if any of you have had any problems with being able to rent? No one wants to touch me with a barge pole dipped in dettol!! All agents are asking for a garantour, which has to earn £26,000 -£28,000!!! Or 2-3 self assesments.

Ive rented since I was 16 ffs!!! Rent paid every f***ing month since 16 in various flats.

Only done 1 self assesment so far, so im fooked!

Missus is on 17k, & my estimated turnover for TY 2015-2016 is around 30k ? !!!!!

Bastaad landlord & Bastaad neighbours are forcing me to move.

Arrrhhhhhhh!!!!

All this **** then a custie says today- "can u nxt them clean in July!?!?"

Arrrhhhhhhh!!!!

RANT OVER.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Window Cleaning Forums

That's **** man. Does my head in with things like this.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

This seems to be becoming the norm in the rental market. I feel for you mate as it is really unnecessary for those of us that have kept up with rent since day 1. I es in a similar situation and found it embarrassing to ask someone to be a guarantor. In the end I just forked up 6 months in advance and they then allowed me to move on to paying monthly. It's the landlords decision at the end of the day - not the agent. Hope it works out - it will somehow:)

Hey Fella's,Just wondering if any of you have had any problems with being able to rent? No one wants to touch me with a barge pole dipped in dettol!! All agents are asking for a garantour, which has to earn £26,000 -£28,000!!! Or 2-3 self assesments.

Ive rented since I was 16 ffs!!! Rent paid every f***ing month since 16 in various flats.

Only done 1 self assesment so far, so im fooked!

Missus is on 17k, & my estimated turnover for TY 2015-2016 is around 30k ? !!!!!

Bastaad landlord & Bastaad neighbours are forcing me to move.

Arrrhhhhhhh!!!!

All this **** then a custie says today- "can u nxt them clean in July!?!?"

Arrrhhhhhhh!!!!

RANT OVER.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Window Cleaning Forums
Sorry for being nosey but why is your landlord forcing you to leave... and more importantly why is the neighbours forcing you to leave???

Very frustrating, been there and may be once again there if things dont improve in my relationship!

These arseholes don't seem to trust self employed people, but yet are happy to let in some overseas family that have a temp contract stacking shelves on min wage!

The route I shall take is I am employed, being limited my accountant informs me to just play them at there own game as they do not need to know I am infact employing myself as a director.

If your a sole trader then yes its a tough one, I have heard them still to refuse if you offer 6 months down! The law needs to change there

It's a pain

I have had my mortgage for over 16 years and never missed a payment and payed way over 50% deposit and the house has gone from 84k when i bought it to 250k but if i wanted to remortgage they couldn't take my earnings in to account unless I have 2 years accounts to show them even though they could sell it take what i owed them and give me back more than i bought it for

This world is crazy

Unless thing have changed dramatically then there is no way you have to show 3 years accounts.

Buying you have to get an se30 from the inland revenue ,this show profit and not turn over and this is what they lend against.

If you are renting you only have to pass a credit check.

Employed or self employed what's to say any of us won't lose are jobs in 6 months.People these days can work for 20 years then get made redundant so the fact your self employed shouldn't matter.

Estate agents are sneaky b'stards they will try anything to extract money from you.

Check your credit report with experian it's free for 30days as long as it's good you shouldn't have a problem.

At the moment the landlords have the luxury of picking and choosing the kind of tenants they want and most landlords tend to go for people who are employed.

If there's any consolation lou i reckon this time next year there will be a big property crash and hopefully this will affect the renting market too.

If it happen then the landlords will be less fussy who they rent out to many, people like me are fed up of the high rent due to the lack of properties where i am from.

At the moment China and Russa economy is not looking too clever, from my point of view it be a good thing for me if china economy goes t*t up because many Chinese have been buying up London properties over the years but yet they don't live here or rent the properties out.

They will end up selling their properties it will bring many others British people properties down cos there be more properties on the market.

You may of noticed diesel have been a lot cheaper lately because Saudi Arabia adding a lot more diesel onto the market which affect Russa economy.

i am blabbing too much now.

Back