Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hiring canvasser advice.

Diwrnach

So a friend of mine is a bit desperate for of spare cash and was asking about money making ideas so I said get me some pressure washing work and I'll give you 25% to help him out.

This then got me thinking if this could work with someone long term, hire a part time chap Saturday mornings or something to canvas some work, what % would be the going rate do you think? 10% maybe?

10 percent is unrealistic. if he got you a 20 quid job hes goin to get 2 quid he cant live off that

or can he....

10 percent is unrealistic. if he got you a 20 quid job hes goin to get 2 quid he cant live off that
or can he....
This is for pressure washing mate, so a small drive would be maybe £125 give or take, that's £12. And that is a small drive.

If you want good quality leads you need to reward people. There shouldn't be a specific % as each job will vary depending what needs done.

I'd say 20% roughly after expenses. So if you get a job at £160 minus cost of fuel/sand at say £30

He would get 20% of £130 (£26)

I must bring some good news to the forum After being not too Sure after reading a comment made by someone on gumtree About this canvasser. After having many conversations with him. I must say I can 100% recommend Nathan at Happy Canvassing Done every thing he said he was going to do and more . After canvassing I received a Excel sheet with all the Customers database with prices contact numbers and any notes reg back gates best days to clean front only or both. I have now had a good chance to speak to the customers and see how the work was priced . And must say the work was priced very well and the customers were impressed how professional he was. Im so glad I gave him a chance and will be using him again very soon.

That's cool, but not really useful for what I am wanting to do.

What are the ramifications, hiring wise, would I need to put him "on the books" as it were, or could I say he is self employed and just pay him cash?

That's cool, but not really useful for what I am wanting to do.
What are the ramifications, hiring wise, would I need to put him "on the books" as it were, or could I say he is self employed and just pay him cash?
Just pay his invoice/receipt through your business and as above write it off against advertising. Very simple

Just pay his invoice/receipt through your business and as above write it off against advertising. Very simple
Yeah, good idea, thought I might have to get into employment and stuff.

Considering putting an add on facebook see if anyone fancies doing it every Saturday or something, might work?

I thought u had someone ? I be weary of u don't as the chancers in this country go buy ther own after seein wat u get
I have a mate who needs some cash, but its short term, I was thinking of potentially getting someone long term.

Be weary u no wat I mean ie 400 quid powerwashin job they get 80-100 also might price work cheap to get there money. wenbu go say its to cheap the only person looks bad is u ,

Mate, don't take advertising as a walk in the park and pluck someone off of gumtree. You are best to just take a weekend off of your social life and chap doors, save money and you know you are pricing it properly.

Or take on someone with experience, pay them to run that full side of your company, that's what I've done, I've got 2 managers who manage window cleaning and another who manages our construction side

Latest Posts

Back