Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

ordering parts

WCF

Help Support WCF:

P

Paul

well ive started to purchase my stuff i'll need for my diy set up, well sort of ive just realized, i havnt a clue what i need to get :huh: connectors di vessel size, hose size, ive always used pro set ups so i really haven't go a clue please help i want to order everything tomorrow but now its came to it im stumped /emoticons/biggrin.png:huh:/emoticons/biggrin.png

Connectors- I use microbore not hoselock.

DI size- At least 7l I've been told. Tho I have a small one & never had a prob.

Hose size- I use 6mm microbore, but think 8mm works just the same.

either buy a kit rdy made as thay cheap enough for what thay are tbh or just look at the kit for what you need mate

what van you got or going for ? and tank size ?

i went for a 250l tank its a bit small if u do more than 10 houses a day tbh

P.s there will always be odd little bits you'll remember after you've ordered. But as far as connections, always order a couple even if you need just one. You'll need them in time & will save on postage.

what connectors do i need to add onto the tank (where i drill) to connect the hoselocks to and how do i stop them leaking ?

Water tank has a hole in the bottom already where you screw in an elbow joint & jubilee clip the hose onto it.

im slightly scared to drill through my tank lol and havnt a clue how the fill plug and drain plug stay water tight

how do you fill yours through the same point ?

i havnt a clue what connectors i need, god this is harder to do than it was in my head

Don't drill it mate, the outlet hole is already there, when you screw in ur elbow bung, use ptfe tape to make it water tight.

And I just fill it through the lid.

the lid is going to be covered as its a flat tank in a berlingo not a lot of room and was going to make a storage shelf on top, is this a bad idea??

I need everything bbd I have nothing for wfp on a bit of a budget any ideas??

Not really happy with it bu I'm struggling working out what I need and getting it at decent prices getting peed off with it.

I really want it now /emoticons/biggrin.png , not keen using ladders really well my wife isn't and she's always moaning about them, I'm thinking the cleaning spot seems best priced

Well i'm assuming you already have sussed out how you are fixing your tank in place. So your shopping list would be tank, pump, pump controller, di vessel (7l) + resin, hose reel with 100m of microbore, about 6 or 7 feet of standard hose, a couple of reducers (standard hose to whatever size you need for your pump) a selection of hoselock connectors (which you can get from your local diy store. Cleaning spot has a good range of fittings, but you need to know what type of fittings the pump you are buying has, i.e, is it push in, like mine, or something else (someone put a post on recently when i was on about my hard blue plastic hose, saying he had fittings where he just needed jubilee clips to hold it in place so could get away with pole hose). I will have a look and see if i can put together a list.

I really want it now /emoticons/biggrin.png , not keen using ladders really well my wife isn't and she's always moaning about them, I'm thinking the cleaning spot seems best priced
Don't let her go up them then lol

Cheers bbd much appreciated, what type of battery do I need ?
I have my controller wired to the van battery (which isnt that hard to do), but going by the posts on here, a leasure battery is best, as it is designed to be recharged frequently, where a normal vehicle battery isnt.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
You know what Paul, been looking at that kit again, and while i think you would probably get the bits seperate for less, it wouldnt be much less. So given the hassle of ordering lots of different stuff from lots of different places, i think you would be aswell just buying that lot. At least you know, everything is there, you wouldnt have to worry that you had forgotten anything!. Just remember to get a battery, the seller should be able to tell you what kind would be most suitable.

Back