Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone Clean Blocks of Flats?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tuffers

I've been asked to put in a quote for 36 flats that are in 3 seperate blocks all on the same site. All to be cleaned once every calendar month. Every block is 3 storey. They put out all services like grass cutting, internal cleaning and window cleaning out for tender every 3 years approx. I went and met the director earlier and have a price in my head. The windows to be fair were in a good state and hats off to the present windy. The deal breaker may be that the present cleaner won't clean the cladding around the roof line. They have asked me to quote that too, which I also have a price in mind.

My question is this; does anyone here clean these type of properties, how much do you charge and how long does it take you to clean the windows. Below is a picture of the type of flat. In the pic there are 9 flats fronts only.

View attachment 6663

I wouldn't do the cladding but I have a couple of jobs like that. I try n see about £40 an hour. Would get there about 6 am and smash out the communal/ public areas then onto the flats

I'd go out beat ya washin me windows that early.

All PVC 350. It's days work one person then windows be 300 includin. Communal internals

Seeinit monthly I'd do it for 250

They're the sort of jobs I love. Those or an office or school or something. Get £100 under ya belt before half the country gets started. Now ya know why I only do 3 days a week lol

I'd go out beat ya washin me windows that early.
All PVC 350. It's days work one person then windows be 300 includin. Communal internals

Seeinit monthly I'd do it for 250
It takes the present cleaner 1 day with 2 of them on it. I think it will take up to 2 days to do the windows on my own. I reckon there's about 300 metres of cladding which are 5 panels deep.

I'm going in slightly higher than your prices Peter /emoticons/smile.png

I clean loads of stuff like this.This week I have been cleaning nearly 400 flats for various management companies.

Each site varies in time two blocks with 40 apartments can take different times flat sizes can very like 1-2 or 3 bedroom van access is another factor I have just taken one on that has double yellow lines to the front and side so you can only park at the back meaning it takes a lot longer.

I won't talk price on here as to many lurkers but you can earn well and it's regular.

One thing I will say is it's tender time at the minute so be careful how much time you invest in your quote the chances are unless they are unhappy with current window cleaner they won't change not even if your cheaper.

some people will try and crack these out as quick as possible but rember the residents are paying and more than likely watching you so price it right and don't rush it.

Well, I got an email saying that I hadn't won the contract :thumbsdown:, but he did tell me how much the contract is worth :thumbsup:. I was slightly higher for the window cleaning and a fair bit higher for the cladding. I can't see how they will do a decent job for what they are paying for the cladding cleaning to be honest. It's going to be ball breaking work is that :confused:

I wouldn't worry about it too much. As CGH said if its contract time most places have to get 3 Quotes just to play the game.99% of the time they are keeping there company that is doing the contract already.

Well, I got an email saying that I hadn't won the contract :thumbsdown:, but he did tell me how much the contract is worth :thumbsup:. I was slightly higher for the window cleaning and a fair bit higher for the cladding. I can't see how they will do a decent job for what they are paying for the cladding cleaning to be honest. It's going to be ball breaking work is that :confused:
@Tuffers, I would say the big difference here is what you think a cladding clean is and what the other service supplier thinks it is. You maybe looking into cleaning all the stains off and making the cladding white like new. The other service provider is just going to put the brush over it and clean any surface dirt off. He could probably do that in an hour and also 'economise' on cleaning the cladding 'behind' the bay windows. After all they won't clean what can't be seen.

What they will also do is put a team onto it being paid the minimum wage and given an impossible time to do the clean in. The cleaners will have no pride in their work or care about the results.

Most commercial is down to price; the results are secondary. How quickly can a job be done that they will get paid for?

I wouldn't worry about it too much. As CGH said if its contract time most places have to get 3 Quotes just to play the game.99% of the time they are keeping there company that is doing the contract already.
They will use those quotes as a lever to screw the price down of their existing supplier.

Two people for a day is hangin it out.Me and another bloke have done over 160 today and some where 4 story.

This is a picture of today's job.
Nice and easy brown frames, could do shed loads of them in a full day, best ones to have /emoticons/smile.png

Back