Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bad elbow and aching arms

mrtaytay

I have been a full time windy now since the end of October. Ever since then I can hardly remember a ***ht where I have not woke up with aching arms and elbows.....sometimes with pins and needles or feeling dead. My right elbow is always quite tender as well. The arms are fine once they get moving...its just when they are rested. Does anyone else get this?

I get a bad elbow occasionally but not a severe problem, go to the doctors imo, they could sort you out with some physiotherapy.

You beat me to creating this thread!!

Yes, I too have the same, aching arms and elbows. It is painful when I press the outside of my elbow, and my arms are giving me jip. Also my neck is suffering as well from the constant looking up. the elbow thing is probably "tennis elbow" (40 love, new balls please).

I use wfp. I started with it last july. I didn't used to get this with traditional, although the pain I got when I first started with that 16 years ago was bad as well. Right across my shoulders, and I had been a coalman before then! That eased off after a while and I'm sort of anticipating the same again.

I tend to suffer with bad wrists from time to time. Feel like I need a good old workout on the bench press. Although, being 37 feels different to 18... Can't be bothered nowadays lol

But on a serious note, why not try elbow supports while workin You might look like a wrestler but could work

I have been a full time windy now since the end of October. Ever since then I can hardly remember a ***ht where I have not woke up with aching arms and elbows.....sometimes with pins and needles or feeling dead. My right elbow is always quite tender as well. The arms are fine once they get moving...its just when they are rested. Does anyone else get this?
At the risk of stating the obvious, pins and needles, and 'dead' feelings are directly related to blood flow issues. So if you are only getting that when you wake up, i would suggest that you are lying 'funny' on the affected limbs. If not, it is still blood flow related, so you should probably see your doctor. The elbow issue is probably tennis elbow, dont know much about it, but again, seeing your doctor is probably the best course of action. The one thing you definately dont want to do is ignore it!. You rely on your limbs to earn a living so you really need to look after them. Ever since i started window cleaning i have taken cod liver oil capsules, and also currently taking omega 3 fish oil capsules, both of which are good for your joints. Something else you could think about which may help your elbow is an elbow support which you will be able to get from your local ******** or sport shop.

cheers. Yes, I take cod liver oil as well. Its funny how the aching/pins and needles mainly happens when I am in bed, stationery. Must admit, I think the aching is more regular than the pins and needles. I might take some ibuprofen for a few days and get an elbow support. Must find out a bit more about tennis elbow...I suspect that is what it is.

cheers. Yes, I take cod liver oil as well. Its funny how the aching/pins and needles mainly happens when I am in bed, stationery. Must admit, I think the aching is more regular than the pins and needles. I might take some ibuprofen for a few days and get an elbow support. Must find out a bit more about tennis elbow...I suspect that is what it is.
I had tennis elbow about 7 years ago. Dull ache in elbow, fingers tingling. Only way I could get the pain to go away was sleep with my hand between my knees. Uncomfortable but what a relief. Tried the supports but the pain would not go away. Even had a nerve test. In the end bought a magnetic braclet & wore it for about 3 months & have never had anymore trouble.

Old age fellas lol.........care home /emoticons/smile.png
That's not funny and it's not helping.

Wanna fight!!

(just let me get out of this chair)
your too old to fight

I too have suffered with bad neck

after many hours of googling i came across some some vids with exercises to improve your posture. when i remember to do them regular they do help

Remember when you look up keep a good posture

I take 200mg of tramadol every morning for my back. I crushed 3 vertebrate and fractured my neck 7 years ago which constantly gives me hassle. If I didn't take tabs then I prob wouldn't go to work. Also get muscular pains in the arms if it's been a long day on the heavy ladders /emoticons/sad.png

I take 200mg of tramadol every morning for my back. I crushed 3 vertebrate and fractured my neck 7 years ago which constantly gives me hassle. If I didn't take tabs then I prob wouldn't go to work. Also get muscular pains in the arms if it's been a long day on the heavy ladders /emoticons/sad.png
i find tramadol not strong enough to touch the pain /emoticons/sad.png

Back