Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Propane Gas Costs Per Month

WCF

Help Support WCF:

that looks like ive seen that set up before!!! lol

with my set up I use about 1 6kg bottle every 2 weeks, that costs me £13. witch works out to be £1.08 for a days use of400lts of water.

it also depends on the setting you have it too, I have it on a low heat setting at the minute, but do turn it up when I need it to be hotter. the hotter you have it the more gas you use.

Thats great sounds pretty good, Thanks very much i will be getting this fitted next week i hope!

One other question what temperature do you run this at? Just did a check on my house temp and was up at 50oc if this runs near that i can see this being much better for cleaning the windows!

Also getting the right flow rate will result in the gas lasting longer too, too fast a flow and the flame would need turning up.

the temp again varies its hard to do a pin point temp, but it runs from about 30-50 deg C but can get anywhere upto 70+

yes that's right, I use a analogue controller and have the flow rate runnin at about 20psi, and the gas low, today I could see a little steam come from the brush.

that looks like ive seen that set up before!!! lol

with my set up I use about 1 6kg bottle a week, that costs me £13. witch works out to be £1.08 for a days use of400lts of water.

it also depends on the setting you have it too, I have it on a low heat setting at the minute, but do turn it up when I need it to be hotter. the hotter you have it the more gas you use.
?? I think that should be £1.80 a day for 7 days, or £2.60 per day for 5 days. :Image9:

I bought a gaslow refillable bottle for mine. 12 litres/11 kg of gas from a petrol station is about £9 instead of overpriced Calor. Outlay of about £150 pays itself off fairly quickly especially if you use it for BBQs too

Back