Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pure water

andrewdavis

OK so still at the stage off getting all my gear but wondering what's the best way to sort pure water buy it in or do I build something in my garage and if so how do I go about doing that. Only ever used pure water once on a ultra high jetting job and that was filtered on site so no idea what's what lol.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I wouldn't bother buying water in, most aquatic shops sell RO water at around 10p per litre so if a house takes you 15 mins you may use 1ltr per minute (I'm guessing here as I'm a trad windy but it seems a logical amount).

So on that assumption your loosing £1.50 per house.

I believe I read on here the other day about meter costs and someone mentioned they can make around 1000lts for £1.50.

So on that basis it's a no brainier.

Last edited by a moderator:
True but £1.50 loss on a 10 quid job is better than no loss but no work

I used to buy mine at 4p a litre but saved for an ro and not on a meter..woohoo

True but £1.50 loss on a 10 quid job is better than no loss but no work
I used to buy mine at 4p a litre but saved for an ro and not on a meter..woohoo
Can't grumble with that, but can always do it trad and loose nothing.

I guess he just needs to figure out what works best for him.

I used to keep marine fish a number of years ago and bought my water ready made/mixed. The quality started dropping (salinity wise) so I just purchased RO and mixed up the salt myself, TDS readings then started to be rubbish so then got my own RO unit from Osmotics and tank thrived.

I just think it's good drills to make up your own water.

If you have a water supply to your garage (outside tap is all you need, plus a drain nearby) you can purify water yourself. You will need something to store the water in (a couple of garden water butts is enough to get started), a method of transferring the pure, either to a fixed tank in your van or a collection of 25lt drums - put your storage butts up on a strong shelf/pile of bricks so you can transfer by gravity. You might also need a de-ionising bottle and resin to bring the pure down to a usable quality. Depending on your water pressure you may also need a booster pump.

We have several of these: 300 GPD Compact Reverse Osmosis System - Reverse Osmosis - Water Purification

All the other bits you may need are on the same website, or do your own shopping around.

Been thinking about the finances in gone through a company called nsa they are loaning me the start up money I was going to wfp from the start but been looking into it and I'm thinking trad for my domestic work and back pack or trolly for commercial as I'll probably pick up domestic work first so I'd only need a small amount of pure water

I would wfp tops and trad bottoms on residential mate

Saves any risk with ladders and a lot quicker

Back