Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Work This Out

All Round Cleaning

Had a call about a month back to price up an existing customers mothers house up so i went round gave her

a price etc and agreed on £10 for glass , frames , sills etc .

just txt her saying im running late and i will be with her tomorrow .

i get a txt back saying oh sorry my other window cleaners have started again 3 weeks ago and i have had them back

as they only charge £5 for the same as im doing !!!!

now bare in mind there is 2 of them so 1 house they earning £2.50 each .........................WTF???????? HOW ON EARTH AM I SUPPOSED TO COMPETE WITH THOSE RIDICULOUS PRICES ????

Well at least when they go missing again next time il tell her nah ur ok i cant fit you in .

also another customer a friend of mine well his wife sent me a message on fb last night saying when can you fit me in to clean my

windows ?? I said well sometime in the week as i have to work around the wifes hrs and the kids being at school .

She replies with " I would prefer thursday or friday " or the weekend .

I say "it depends if the wife is at work the weekend wether or not i can fit you in "

So she says " Ok I will get Stuart to get up the ladder then "

So im like wtf is going on ???? why do customers think they have you over a barrel ???

at this rate i will just end up dumping all the custies and get a job in a bakers or something ffs i am seriously having enough of being messed around by feckin eejits .

mate no offence dont take it the wrong way but your saying to her i work around the wifes hours... and then u say it depends on the wifes hours... cos she might be at work.... this does not look professional at all mate no wonder the customers are taking the **** outa u

I wouldnt ever say this to a customer even if this was the case... i would say to them..... am fully booked then so sorry... make it look out to them that your busy and u cant cope ! that way customers will lick your **** mate.... instead of them ruling over you mate.....

At the end of the day the customer wants her windows cleaning... she doesnt care if you work around your wifes hours this and that u get me mate

come on when i phone a plumber i dont expect him to say erm it depends on the wife this and that .... and i work around the wifes hours so i will let u know... you shouldnt ever say that mate if u wanna be professional....

were in the 21st century now mate u could of got away with saying that in the 1980s.... but now its different mate

seriously start making it out as if your busy and always fully booked and u should be ruling the customers mate not them ruling u mate /emoticons/wink.png

mate no offence dont take it the wrong way but your saying to her i work around the wifes hours... and then u say it depends on the wifes hours... cos she might be at work.... this does not look professional at all mate no wonder the customers are taking the **** outa u

I wouldnt ever say this to a customer even if this was the case... i would say to them..... am fully booked then so sorry... make it look out to them that your busy and u cant cope ! that way customers will lick your **** mate.... instead of them ruling over you mate.....

At the end of the day the customer wants her windows cleaning... she doesnt care if you work around your wifes hours this and that u get me mate

come on when i phone a plumber i dont expect him to say erm it depends on the wife this and that .... and i work around the wifes hours so i will let u know... you shouldnt ever say that mate if u wanna be professional....

were in the 21st century now mate u could of got away with saying that in the 1980s.... but now its different mate

seriously start making it out as if your busy and always fully booked and u should be ruling the customers mate not them ruling u mate /emoticons/wink.png
H read the post you EEJIT it is a friend of mine not a jo public customer ffs i dont tell jo public my ins and outs ffs .

jeez your just as annoying as them customers jeez u dont read peoples posts correctly .

well am sorry to say but your friends are messing u about.. i suggest that u drop this friend and get a new friend /emoticons/wink.png

well am sorry to say but your friends are messing u about.. i suggest that u drop this friend and get a new friend /emoticons/wink.png
I have in both senses !!!

lesson learned dont do favours for friends business is business .

good lad u gotta get tough mate stop being soft... once a person ***** u about mate u drop them mate simple as that

remember if a customer can do it once

they can do it again okay mate

so get tough mate

why dont u set a target for before november ? instead of xmas ? cos when yo uset yourself a longer target u become more lazy... set your self a target each month and u will be more eager mate /emoticons/smile.png when i look back to the targets i achieved it makes me more determined to do better the next month /emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/smile.png

Well to be honest H I originally only started to earn a bit of money well the same as my wife earns as she only works part time hours

And I have hit that target .

But the more I have been doing it I have seen more potential so have set my target to 200 so I would be doing 50 a week so

That's only 10 a day and just see how it goes from there to be honest .

Hence not pushing the canvassing etc and hence why it pisses me off when peopl mess me about .

mate go up to 15/20a day /emoticons/smile.png and work 3 or 4 days a week /emoticons/smile.png

mate u got to go canvassing mate if u dont u wont even touch 100 customers nevermind 200 !

casnvassing is the key !

Like most of us I have had customers say "Oh my old window cleaner has turned up again" Meaning I don't need you any more.

I always say "Yes I had heard he was back out of prison. I would have thought he would have got longer after what he did to that woman, wouldn't you?"

Like most of us I have had customers say "Oh my old window cleaner has turned up again" Meaning I don't need you any more.

I always say "Yes I had heard he was back out of prison. I would have thought he would have got longer after what he did to that woman, wouldn't you?"
Lol brilliant!! I going to use that haha!!

Gav, ya just gotta not let people get you down like that.. If I ever lose a customers I say to myself, frig ye, you'll just be replaced..

I had to quote a large gutter and PVC cleans over 30 miles away.. Rang and rang before I left as they said to ring to make sure but should be there anyway.. No answer, jumped in the van, got a text, we are away out today. Ok I can come tomorrow? We won't be back for a while? What about next time I'm down doing windows in 4 weeks? We will let you know... Wasters

Just forget em gav, I've lost a few wasters last couple weeks but replaced every single one already without canvassing or ads. One told me she had moved but must have forgotten I clean her neighbours either side as well lol, she went a bit red when she walked out house and I was cleaning next door so joke was on her.

On a lighter note one of her neighbours is fit as a butchers dog (female obviously) and came out in tight denim hotpants and a tiny top, I was actually stumped for words when she said 'can you come in and sort my insides out' well you can imagine what I was thinking /emoticons/tongue.png

Just forget em gav, I've lost a few wasters last couple weeks but replaced every single one already without canvassing or ads. One told me she had moved but must have forgotten I clean her neighbours either side as well lol, she went a bit red when she walked out house and I was cleaning next door so joke was on her.

On a lighter note one of her neighbours is fit as a butchers dog (female obviously) and came out in tight denim hotpants and a tiny top, I was actually stumped for words when she said 'can you come in and sort my insides out' well you can imagine what I was thinking /emoticons/tongue.png
Yes. Like the pro you are you were thinking of her windows lol

Back