Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window cleaning etiquette

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I'm sure they were waiting for the top of the bill to apear but my mate frank was fooked as well so he went home too./emoticons/biggrin.png

:specs:specs:specs:specs:specs:specs:specs:specs:specs:specs:specs:specs:specs:specs:specs:specs
entertainment for the garden party...:cheers:

I don't mind customers being about and looking what I'm doing but gets a bit much when they invite their friends over too /emoticons/biggrin.png

I'm not surprised they invite their friends over, it's not everyday you get to watch a little smurf cleaning your fsg! /emoticons/wink.png

I think i will just knock, sometimes you get customers that just shrug and say ok, like why are you telling me just get on with it. I think overall a knock is best, but its an opportunity to get turned away, so annoying when that happens, had one this morning can you do front only as im going to doctors. Sure but i will have to charge you full price, of course she says it my fault!. She has now become one of my favourites

A man with a heart of gold stone...Bless her:whistle:

I think i will just knock, sometimes you get customers that just shrug and say ok, like why are you telling me just get on with it. I think overall a knock is best, but its an opportunity to get turned away, so annoying when that happens, had one this morning can you do front only as im going to doctors. Sure but i will have to charge you full price, of course she says it my fault!. She has now become one of my favourites
:laugh:

Knocking before you start can be negative. It gives custy a chance to say not this time. If you've already made a start their chance to stop you has gone just about.

Will pop back tomorrow sometime when I can be arsed to finish it off as took me 4 hours just to do the front and was fooked anyway. Did not help when I got to the back seeing the chaps drinking beer and the ladies drinking wine on the terrace all watching me as they do /emoticons/biggrin.png
I bet you got the women all wet smurf./emoticons/wink.png

...that wouldnt happen with trad though.:whistle:

That's why i make sure i am working when they answer

If i knock the door then jump up the ladder when they answer i just call down " just letting you know I'm here"

Now try telling me not today

Exactly the same as me Davey, I get the pole up to a top window, knock the door, then start cleaning, by the time they come to the door I have pretty much done one window already.

Yep, no dilly dallying. Knock on the door and get cleaning while waiting for answer.

I think we should all get together and have a garden party of our own ....and of course...watch da master smurfy working away.../emoticons/biggrin.png

hey were not tight smurfy you can have a beer as you work...

actually ...there are some I dont knock..now youve got me thinking...

my old dears in the bungalows are on contract but I er...think they see me coming..:specs:specs:specs

and of course I always clean em on the first of the month....

and today....his lordships rented cottage .so he pays for it to be cleaned..I er...did sneak up very quietly...as you never know...it may brighten up cheapies day...but not a soul to be seen...

the mothers ....who I know is looking after the daughters kid...so isnt ever in..

so there are plenty of no knock jobs if I come to think about it...

not so many good :specs ones around here though as there all older than me...

which is why I moved here...so cheapie doesnt get distracted from his work..../emoticons/biggrin.png

I never knock. I just crack on and if I happen to find Lady Milf, stark ******* naked through the first bedroom window I do, then so be it;)
Oh,...I could tell you boys some stories that would make you're heart pump faster, you're eyes would water, you're hair would curl and there would be a stirring below.

But I won't,....cuz I'm a good lad. /emoticons/tongue.png

Back