Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter cleaning job on High street

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Once you have the app opened up on your phone you can tell it to take pictures or video. The pictures come out like this if you are interested.

front2_zpszlwlq7ix.jpg

Job was done today with me and a helper. Only 2.5 hours of actual gutter cleaning but by the time you add in all the planning and the fact I had to get a generator and move that around with me. 7 man hours total for which I was nicely compensated.

Managed to hand out 6-7 business cards to various people who seemed really interested so I should get a few calls in the coming weeks.

Had a few of the other business owners come out to see what I was doing and grab cards as well. With any luck taking into account what I will be paid for today and the potential extra work I will get from it this one job and its "referrals" (if you would call them that) should just about pay for my Skyvac atom by itself.

Nice one. I've had a few window cleaning passing trade but never a gutter strangely. They take a card and don't call.

What kind if stuff was in the gutters? I've been having a lot if mud recently and there's no way to vac that out, clogs the 54mm hose in no time

Nice one. I've had a few window cleaning passing trade but never a gutter strangely. They take a card and don't call.
What kind if stuff was in the gutters? I've been having a lot if mud recently and there's no way to vac that out, clogs the 54mm hose in no time
A lot of fluffy and wet moss. every end cap pretty much had a nice tuft of grass growing in it which i had to break up and suck out small pieces at a time or try and pick the whole thing up, lower the pole and get my helper to pull off the end.

I deliberately did the muddy bits last because I know they clog up the pipes and hose etc. poles were really heavy on the last few runs of guttering and once I got home I washed them out. A good liter of thick mud came out of the hose before the water I had washed down. Also had a orange Juice bottle cap in there which was just the right size to completely seal the 135 degree bend. Left me a little confused for a couple of minutes before I worked it out.

16.4kg of stuff came out + whatever was left in my pipes and hose.

Latest Posts

Back