Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

PolznBladz on Liquidator 'Mods'

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Eric Gilliand

[media]

[/media]

Note at 1.30 into the video, shock, he peels the Moerman rubber apart...what brand does that? Yep, Black Diamond. Are you aware that the same manufacturer makes BOTH brands and that the rubber formula on the soft and the hard are IDENTICAL. Moerman specified a slightly different size...larger bulb and a little longer from bulb to cut edge but both are manufactured by Gummifabrikken www.gummifabrikken.com/

Lots of really useful info in here from the Man himself...

I knew that @Eric Gilliand as Bob told me ages ago yet some are quick to slate the moerman rubber and say how good the black diamond stuff is

Gotta laugh sometimes

@daveyboy so the moerman soft is the ideal rubber for this and if I use my red rubber I need to basically use a paper clip to jam in each side and I'm good to go?

The rubber he cuts to size that's just because it's standard flat edged yeah?

That is just Moerman soft cut to length

I only use Moerman now as the razr etc means more faffing about

My rubber lasts ages (about 24 weeks) as like Bob i cut them down once worn on the tips for my next smaller size channel

I get about 4 weeks from 1 rubber in 1 channel

Yes..when it starts leaving lines and missing patches due to the edges wearing

Also if you get a persistent problem with a line that always happens even after wiping the rubber usually down to a nick in the rubber

@daveyboy so the moerman soft is the ideal rubber for this and if I use my red rubber I need to basically use a paper clip to jam in each side and I'm good to go?
The rubber he cuts to size that's just because it's standard flat edged yeah?

That is just Moerman soft cut to lengthI only use Moerman now as the razr etc means more faffing about

My rubber lasts ages (about 24 weeks) as like Bob i cut them down once worn on the tips for my next smaller size channel

I get about 4 weeks from 1 rubber in 1 channel
So like chris says if you use razor red do we need to add the paper clip.

Also i ordered some bd rubber does this rubber need paper cliping also?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I don't use bd so wouldn't know but believe it is a little thinner at the bulb

Work it out..pull the tip of the rubber towards the front of the channel and see if you have any play in it

If you do stick a bit of paper clip (personally i use a roll of galvanised wire i have and just snip a little piece off) down the gap like Bob does on the vid and it will move nowhere

The company that manufacture black diamond made rubber for most of the well known window cleaning brands they kept trying to squeeze them on price which in the end made them set up the black diamond brand.

Moreman rubber is duraflex rubber not black diamond.

Moreman are still new to the window cleaning game they are mainly manufactures of floor squegee's so they know about rubber.

The company that manufacture black diamond made rubber for most of the well known window cleaning brands they kept trying to squeeze them on price which in the end made them set up the black diamond brand.
Moreman rubber is duraflex rubber not black diamond.

Moreman are still new to the window cleaning game they are mainly manufactures of floor squegee's so they know about rubber.
From horses' mouth ... Moerman Duraflex and Black Diamond are same formulation made in same factory (Gummifabrikken) but to slightly altered dimensions...

That is because you are forced to make tighter turns on the small glass

That will help things

Back