hi to all window cleaners

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by aphcleaning, Aug 3, 2011.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. aphcleaning

aphcleaning Guest

just like to say hello to fellow window cleaners, been operating now for six years, but i want (as long as the law allows) to stay traditional . this is due to a few of my window cleaning colleagues saying that their customers do not like the results of the pole system. i am not sure if i do either.
  2. Gav

Gav Grand Master

Dec 18, 2010
    Welcome to the site I would like to disagree though. If you use pole correctly with correct method you can get perfect results :)
  3. nearlyclean

Dec 20, 2010
    I get better results with wfp then I ever did squeegee method,All those leaded windows I use to clean with scrim and carry a triple ladder for town houses total breeze with the pole can concentrate on cleaning instead of hanging off a ladder wanting to get done as quick as possible.
  4. Laz

Laz Guest

Hi an welcome, I use traditional too. Though never tried WFP so wouldn't know the results :)
  5. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2011

WFP done badly can be horrendous - but so can trad.

I agree with the others - WFP cleans really well - but some cowboys have given it a bad name.

When I changed from Trad to pole, I expected to lose some customers - lost only one - and she used to moan anyway - about marks that were actually blown glazing units. Since then - picked up mountains - without canvassing.

Sometimes when I have hiccups with my equipment I think how nice and simple it was with a ladder - but looking back with rose tinted glasses you forget the near misses, the panic when the wind gets gusty, anxiety when there has been a heavy frost & the ground is icy, trying to get to the window above the decking or the one above the conservatory - one foot on the ladder, one foot on the porch roof.......

Suddenly loses it's appeal.

If in doubt - go out with a cleaner for the dau - who does get good results, and happy customers.

The other thing to bear in mind, is that if you can clean say 5 extra houses a day - changing your customer base could be a very shrewd move.

All the best to you though, whichever way you go.