Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Moerman rubber that bad?

Yesterday i was using it with squeegee off only as i couldn't find any dish soap in the van due to me being unorganised

Had to work a little slower but still a perfect job with no rubber issues

If you get the angle right the extra soap just makes it even easier

Very true Eric my knuckles actually hit the glass sometimes lol angle is important
That is why i use the excelerator handles as i can have it at 25° and hands are well away from the glass

@daveyboy how much soap are you using?
Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
At the moment a glug of squeegee off and a squirt of dish soap (about enough for a bowl of washing up) in my unger rectangle bucket about a third full

I like to add soap to the applicator direct but found this mixture works great in the bucket..enough to do a whole house bottoms with 1 dunk and squeeze out the excess

Got a Moerman Liquidator 10 " with swivel handle and came with soft rubber. Now I have been using Sorbo stuff years so I got the Moerman just to try out on small panes of glass, so my first time using it. I found it keep skipping and leaving swipes. At first I thought it was the angle but all my squeegees are angle somewhat. Is the rubber poor? Any thoughts from the guys that use Moerman regularly?

@Daniel Perkins first thing I would say is make sure the edges of said rubber are right lubed up..I tend to do a half spin on middle of window and then cut in.

This tool needs more slip than others so look at the mix of whatever you are using too. Chris

I would def. Say its no good in my area. We Got a lot of wooden frames ,and the delicate tips get busted-up really fast. Only IMO ..

I just use the fliq-pad on a regular Channel .

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guner give them another try then tomoz ha

how long it lasts depends on more than technique, up here there are wooden frames with no seal, or as they call em here squeegee wreckers. i speak to bob all the time and our technique is the same but he can get a lot longer out his rubber as he didn't have the bad frames there are here so don't worry to much if your Windies are just rough it's not your fault ;)

Back