Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pressure washing with a recovery system ?

peter rogers

Been looking online after thinking about what's next for us in terms of pressure washing

Has anyone ever seen a fsc being used with a water recovery system ? Been looking on google and all that comes up is American sites .

i had a look at them, america is way ahead of us. you need to be busy enough to justify it though. pretty cool if you could set it up to be able to keep recycling the water for an almost infinite water source. how much does it cost to import this stuff?

wud need to make a trip over to buy in person to ttest and that then shipp over

would be an investment but for bigger commercial work and working for concils as u cud rig it to use hot and it do gum removel to

You can rig something like this up with a gutter hoover, I have toyed with the idea but most people who do this (there was a company doing it for the Olympics in London) use a bloody great big water container, the guys at the Olympics actually had a tanker........

You then have the problem of what to do with all the dirty water you now have, when I first started I looked into doing wheelie bins, disposing of dirty water correctly and legally isn't as straightforward as you might think lol.

America is ahead of us in this business, but that is mainly down to market pressure, if you could work 40 hours a week pressure washing then having gear like this would be well worth it as you wouldn't mind having a small water tanker, paying for water disposal etc, but in the UK at the moment pressure washing isn't "that" common. Americans have better weather on the whole so spend more time outside looking at these areas, we spend most of our time looking out the window moaning about the rain lol

Wheelie bins proper use a mat system to catch debris then filter system. Most only use 200 litres per day. Recycled

The recover systems in America look great. It takes everything in filters it then put the debris in a separate container It is more I'm looking into it for massive jobs. Like Communal paved areas massive yards etc

Have done quite a few large communal areas etc and have so far found (you watch now I will get one on that doesn't) they have fantastic drainage so its never really an issue.

I think the best use for this kind of system would be if you were doing a high street or something where there is potential for passers by, as you are sucking up the water you can walk right by it and still have clean shoes.

On the large areas we usually remove a drain cover or something and never had an issue, stick a broom in front of it to catch the ****, or sweep it away, then shovel it into a bucket and chuck it in the hedge lol

Does America have similar drain systems to our own? just wondering why they have developed things differently, wonder if there are laws that commercial water can't go down the drain, or maybe the drains work differently and they can't cope with the volume of water?

No idea, just brain storming.

Yeah, like I said above you need to be working absolutely flat out all year round with some kind of major contracts to even consider it really, its thousands and thousands.

Latest Posts

Back