Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pulsing On Backpack

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Poles Apart

Sent a Backpack back because it was leaking but since I've had it back the pump is making an on and off whirring noise when the water cuts off don't really want to send it back again anyone know what this is?

Rudders is dead right. I don't use a pressure switch just a tap on my hose. When I turn water off it makes a working sound. Perfectly natural. Not all backpacks have pressure switches. Check before you buy it. It a say 2 speed or 1 speed or flow rate switch

Sent a Backpack back because it was leaking but since I've had it back the pump is making an on and off whirring noise when the water cuts off don't really want to send it back again anyone know what this is?
Sounds like the pump is running on slightly after the flow is stopped. It is fairly normal for a pump to run on for a few seconds once the flow has been shut off at the pole. However if it is more than this, then please feel free to email me a short video showing the noise as the flow is stopped. If you email this to me on my personal email address of [email protected] I can take a look/listen and let you know what it may be.

Sounds like the pump is running on slightly after the flow is stopped. It is fairly normal for a pump to run on for a few seconds once the flow has been shut off at the pole. However if it is more than this, then please feel free to email me a short video showing the noise as the flow is stopped. If you email this to me on my personal email address of [email protected] I can take a look/listen and let you know what it may be.
I'll try and do this tomorrow when it's up and running.

This is it I will email it to Mr Gardiner.

Although I had emailed pictures as attachments before I can't seem to send video.

You can count on one hand how many bosses of a company take time out to help customers with there problems. I have nothing but praise for Gardiners. There staff are always extremely helpful and orders are very quick to arrive.

If the is a leak between the pump and the on/off tap the pump is going to switch on when the pressure drops and switch off when it builds back up. The bigger the leak, the faster the on/off 'pulse.'

If the is a leak between the pump and the on/off tap the pump is going to switch on when the pressure drops and switch off when it builds back up. The bigger the leak, the faster the on/off 'pulse.'
There is no sign of water and all connectors are dry

Latest Posts

Back