Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Charging the Battery

WCF

Help Support WCF:

WinWiz

The prodigal son returns...

I'm trying to find a cheaper battery charger than the one from Halfords. It keeps breaking and I keep having to go back and get a replacement.

I've seen this one on amazon.

It looks more durable and it's a fifth of the price. Will it serve the same purpose?

I charge the batteries each night after I have worked a whole day.

Pure freedom say that the Amazon one is a maintenance charger of half an amp and that the Halfords one is 3/4 of an amp. They said you can get one that's 7.5 amp - which will load the batteries quicker.

I never run my batteries to their bitter end and the 3/4 ones I've been using seem to have been working fine. Do I really need a 7.5 one? If not, where can I get a more durable and affordable lower amp charger?

For the back story of my Pure Freedom system, feel free to have a look here:

http://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/threads/why-leisure-batteries.11194/#post-156192

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
No they will do as you can testify, but they are a maintenance trickle charger. They just take a lot longer to charge. I suppose as long as you keep on top of it you'll be fine. I'm going off charging my bike battery and early experiences of charging my leisure battery.

I have whats called an optimate, its a bike charger for over winter when they are stored. I used this for a few months and found after a few months even though it was indicating fully charged, slowly but surely the leisure battery was depleting to the point where my pump stopped working. It just wasnt getting a full boll##ks charge which it needed

The optimate is 0.8 amps and when i used it, it used to get red hot. But on my bike battery it was luke warm.

But there,s a hell of difference from a bike battery to a leisure battery hence i got a big knock off charger for a big knock off battery lol

Back