Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

slx vs clx

WCF

Help Support WCF:

heyoh

Hey everyone,

I can finally buy a new pole for myself, and it's not easy to decide: slx or clx.

Now I had the chance yesterday to try a clx-22, and although it was more rigid than my crappy fiberglass pole, I'm still wondering how much better an slx could be? Anyone had any experience with them?

The clx-22 I tried was lighter than my 18ft bayersan... but I would like to carry around the least weight possible, so I was thinking to get an 18ft clx or slx which would cover probably 95% of my work, and just get an extension or two for anything higher. This would mean I have to have my pole tube outside.

clx18 - £99 - 1070g

slx18 - £173 - 1040g

I think you have answered your own question really as the slx is the far better pole out of the two.

Hi when i was choosing my pole a few months back, both slx n clx were on the offer, the guy in the shop extended both poles of similar size 25ft. You could really see & feel the difference of both. Slx being the winner, however the most expensive. if you could stretch to the 25 that would cover u for doin conny roofs n windows above them.

If u get the chance try the both out n make the decision. remember if you hav to buy an extension this is goin to effect the weight n rigidity.

All the best with your decision im really bad at choosin but the slx was one of my finest choices in life:)

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk 2

slx is the beta pole buy far but the clx is still very good the real difference is stiffness i think u can rinse more acarut with a stiffer pole in the windy condishions also u can aply more pressure when scrubing with a stiffer pole ide get a slx my self as i like a stiffer pole i still use my old clx tho an its still nce to use

Yes with a full carbon pole you'll notice the extra rigidity when used fully extended, your arms will certainly appreciate it after a day's work.

Thanks for the responses.

Well what i was thinking with the extensions is to only put them on when needed. I know what people mean with the 25 footer, that it would reach everything up to 2nd floor, but then there might be days when i wouldn't even use the last two sections, so why would I make it a harder day than it should be.

What Smurf said is partly true - I almost made my decision /emoticons/smile.png, but it's good to have other's input too

I guess i'm going with slx - but i still need to think about what length i should get.

Does anyone here use extensions on a daily basis? How much of an effort does it take to assemble?

I have an old hybrid 35 still going strong with old style vertical clamps which is dead easy to take off/put on sections.

I've split the pole so have the last 4 section as 2 pairs kept in the van. I've just taken off the stop tape to split the pole sections were required. Then to stop the vertical clamp levers falling off when it's not on the pole I've just gaffa taped them into position to the body of the top two clamps.

Hence why I use my pole hose on the outside as that old pole is used not just for windows but clearing gutters too using progutter tools etc. I can also then fit different tools on the end for trad work and even plastic cleaning using my own diy scrub pads to get rid of tiger stripes on gutters, fascias. frames & sills without using ladders.

Forgot to mentiond it's also used as a gutter cam pole too /emoticons/biggrin.png

If u get the chance try the both out n make the decision. remember if you hav to buy an extension this is goin to effect the weight n rigidity.
What do you mean by this?

I noticed in the specifications that the weight of extension#5 is 305 grams, whereas the difference between slx-18 and slx-22 is only 180g.

In Uk There are number of window cleaning business. cleaning market become so competitive, very hard to rich to a client and get attention of potential client. however, i found a way to promote the business using flyer / Leaflets or business card. thats true that promotional activities bit expensive but if find a low cost and cheap printing company to create the business flyer and business card, it helps lot to reduce down the cost. 

For example i have found an online printing company who provide very low cost and cheap price printing for flyer, business card, posters etc.

For your information the website address:
www.printinonline.com

they charged me £67 for 5000 A5 flyer

&

£29 for 500 premium business card.

i would like to recommend this webiste, if you would like can try.

Thanks

Do what bab

In Uk There are number of window cleaning business. cleaning market become so competitive, very hard to rich to a client and get attention of potential client. however, i found a way to promote the business using flyer / Leaflets or business card. thats true that promotional activities bit expensive but if find a low cost and cheap printing company to create the business flyer and business card, it helps lot to reduce down the cost. 

For example i have found an online printing company who provide very low cost and cheap price printing for flyer, business card, posters etc.

www.printinonline.com

&

Thanks
lol so naughty of you sarah

Sorry but before sarah kindly advertised in my thread I asked this:

remember if you hav to buy an extension this is goin to effect the weight n rigidity.

What do you mean by this?I noticed in the specifications that the weight of extension#5 is 305 grams, whereas the difference between slx-18 and slx-22 is only 180g.

I have both and the slx is the best get a slx 27 and u will never need another pole for general house sizes. The rigid thing is rubbish i think. Its not high enough to be a problem

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

I've worked enough with heavier poles than I needed to, that is the reason I would like to have extensions and only use them when necessary.

My question still stands: Why is the extension heavier than a pole section?

www.printinonline.com

&

Thanks

YOU CAN GET THE SAME FROM

http://www.saxoprint.co.uk/

been buying from them for 2 years now. nuff said...

Back