Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Used Hypo For First Time!

Roland

Stafford PowerWash Services
I used hypo for the first time today and was very happy with the results.

I bought cheap Morrisons bleach for 28p for 2 litres, it said it was less than 5% so that could mean anything so I diluted it 50:50 with water just to be sure.

I sprayed it on the GFS I could reach and used UBIK on the rest, after half an hour I just rinsed it off.

Much to my horror some of the gutter and part of a French door had gone orange!

I had read about this but it was still a bit of a shock so what did I do I sprayed more bleach all over the GFS, left it another half hour and washed down again.

Just for luck I decided to use UBIK as well so sprayed that on, left for five minutes and scrubbed off with my wfp by which time all the orange had gone and the GFS were very clean.

I was just experimenting so didn't mind spending a bit of extra time on this job.

Next time I am going to try UBIK first then hypo to see how that comes out.

Why try ubik and hypo together?

Just use 2% hypo and it will clean all upvc

No need to wait ages either..i just spray upvc cladding or fascia all over from bottom working upwards for good coverage

By the time I get to the last bit I start again from where i originally started and re cover the whole lot

Then rinse

Can do a whole cladded side of a house in under half hour start to finish

If hypo turns any upvc yellow no problem it will go back white within a few hours..very extreme cases 48 hours max but always goes back white

Or use ubik..let it dwell for 10 minites then scrub n rinse

Using both is a waste plus you need to be carefull as mixing the wrong things accidentally will release chlorine gas

No need to scrub with hypo

Last couple of minutes on here show how to do it although i never wait unless it's filthy

[media]

[/media]

Back