Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Home owner

WCF

Help Support WCF:

UROMP

I’m a new member, hello.
I have looked at this

CLX 22QuicK-LoQ Gooseneck1 x Upgrade to a QuicK-LoQ Gooseneck Valve Angle Adapter £21.50QuicK-LoQ Brush1 x Super-Lite 26cm Brush Medium-Mixed £0.00Brush Jets1 x Standard 2mm Pencil Jets x2 £0.00Pole Hose1 x Reinforced Flexible Pole Hose - 10m Length for 18-27ft Poles £8.00Pole Hose Connector Type1 x Anti-Snag 'Hozelock Type' Male Plug £6.50
I’m a private home owner, 3 bed semi.
Thoughts please on my possible choice. I will be using as and when windows need to cleaned, also solar panels occasionally which I can get access to clean them from a solid garden room roof.

How are you going to get your water, produce it or buy it? It's a bit more technical then a lot think. My advice would be to save yourself a load of hassle and find a good local windie.
I appreciate the water side of things, just asking about the described set up

Just so you know you can't use tap water as it contains lots of impurities. You need to either buy pure water or produce it yourself with a filter system. Then you need a container, extra hose, a pump (to get water up the pole), a battery (to power pump) and a battery charger.

I am probably biased but for the costs to get you setup you are probably going to have to clean your own windows every 4 weeks for over 2 years (maybe more depending on how big/small your house is) before you see any savings!!! Plus 'swinging a 22ft' pole takes a bit of getting used to and I doubt your household insurance would cover any potential damage you could cause (dropping pole on car etc).

I appreciate the water side of things, just asking about the described set up
It's not a set-up you described it's a pole and some hose, there is a reason it's more technical and why us window cleaners spend £100's and then £1000's on professional systems you just can't plug into a water source from a garden tap and if your in high tds area a basic set up with a resin vessel will be no good as you'll deplete the resin rapidly

You are probably better off with a slx as it is lighter and stiffer to. You will need a soft flock brush as it is less likey to damage the surface of your solar panels but as Jaygti says its will probably be too short to reach them unless you live in a bungelow. You need to check how close your nearest spotless water station is before you commit and I reckon invest in some 25 ltr barrels and a back pack system.

To be honest you would be far better getting a local professional in to do the job ,it’s false economy to try and do it yourself , generally the panels will only need doing once a year , you are going to struggle with a cheap pole it will be far to bendy we use poles that cost between £1500-2300 we wouldn’t spend that if it wasn’t needed and could be done with cheaper products .

Let the guy learn the hard way. Obviously no decent window cleaners his way or he wouldn't be going to the effort but it seems he's only bothered about an answer to which pole so just let him learn from his mistakes

Latest Posts

Back