Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Can I Ask For Some Advice.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi guys, I would like to ask for advice. What is recommended temperature for cleaning using hot water. I just bought LPG heater with digital temperature control similar to one sell on reach 2 clean online and wonder what will be ideal temperature to clean. Also will I need certificate from gas engineer after I install my heater ? I'm in Norther Ireland. Thank you for all anwsers and advice.

there is no set temp for cleaning them, as long as its not very hot you will be fine, i clean with upto 60 deg water. also got to keep an eye on your hose too, some hoses cant take very hot water and can bubble a bit and start leaking in places.

certificate wise, i havent got one for mine, but when its a year old i might see if i can get a guy to look at it and give it a service before next winter!

I have absolutely no experience with this but when I read "how hot" the first thing I thought was "be careful of thermal shock!" i.e. very cold glass + hot water = glass breaking..

You're prolly aware of this already but just thought I would mention it incase you're not as it could save you a very expensive bill!

I bought the reach 2 clean LPG heater kit from Chetne at Reach2 Clean

Worked bloody brilliantly until some f'cker nicked my van.

Installed it in a day.

Put it on the lowest temerature which is about 20 degrees and that will do. If you run it hotter it causes loads of problems because the hoses go too soft, especially the pole hose and it is always popping off somehwere. You dont need it hot, warm is fine and in the winter do not use it below freezing as the internal soft copper piping splits and Cheyne will not cover it under the warranty.

Brilliant for bird **** and conservatory roofs but best of all it is good for washing the dogs.

Remember to buy your red hazard sticker, LPG on board sticker and flammable sticker for the back of your van plus a 2kg powder fire extinguisher as otherwise the rozzers will have you.

If you have any questions let me know

Did you buy the LPG filler hose as this is worth its weight in gold as it is a pain to refil.

Hi mate, many thanks for all advice. I did not bought directly from reach 2 clean as they are expensive. Found the same heater on eBay almost half price. As for felling I decided to just swap bottels as required at local gas dealer.

If that is not too much problem could you send me links where you bought your safety stickers. Was looking Internet and there is so many different not sure with one to go.

Hi mate, many thanks for all advice. I did not bought directly from reach 2 clean as they are expensive. Found the same heater on eBay almost half price. As for felling I decided to just swap bottels as required at local gas dealer.
If that is not too much problem could you send me links where you bought your safety stickers. Was looking Internet and there is so many different not sure with one to go.
i have these ones, only 99p for 2, free p&p

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LPG-gas-Warning-Sticker-Twin-Pack-for-Caravan-Motorhome-Camper-/300721153932?pt=UK_Campervan_Caravan_Accessories&hash=item460460a78c

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
How much extra does your van insurance cost with gas installation in your van. Pricey. This is why I bought a diesel one. Temperature concerns are brush bristles, hoses but use thermo hose. I only worry about cold windows in empty houses but generally temperature different at brush head, depending on how much hose etc. Most tds meters do temp as well just test it out to find the difference from source to glass. I use gardiner sill brushes which are so far the best in my opinion with hot water. The temperature at brush is 43 ° c when it's not too cold but adjust to 25 when temp is freezing.

Interesting to see how much extra cost on insurance though.

Mine didn't cost anything be ause i did not even think about telling them. They paid me out though when the van was nicked last year and I told them what was in it. Not sure that is good advice but all I am saying is that I personally did not have to pay any more.

I found the gardiner thermobore hose best. I used this on the reel, from ports to reel and from the boiler outlet to underpart as the normal yellow hose went soft and broke down.

Remember of fit the boiler where you can get to it and adjust it.

I bought two 2 metre lengths of inch by inch box plate and fixed them 50cm apart from floor to ceiling in my van. I then fixed the boiler to them so it looked space age and floated in mid air. I will try and find pictures. Someone thought it looked good cos they nicked it.

Just do not use it in extreme cold becuase it wil break as these are nothing more than static caravan boilers.

I don't know much about diesel but was told they are expensive to run and the temperature is quite low. I am sure someone will correct me and as I have never owned one I am only passing on third hand info.

Back