Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Guttering that's in the way!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paulio

Hi guys.

Have any of you come across guttering that's stopping you having access to the window?. There's quite a few houses by me that has their upstairs windows set back into the roof so when the guttering runs along the edge it's leaving a foot or 2 gap between the guttering and the window.

don't really want to lean the ladder against the guttering its self coz it don't look that strong.

yeah I have seen that before, it looks like a bloody eye sore on a property. I think it is just badly installed, its to avoid them putting two down pipes in at either side of the wall. I have never cleaned on like this before but if you speak to someone who installs guttering, you could prob advise them that it could be fixed, but until them you have to skip that window.

I have a few houses like that but I use the stand off on the ladder and rest it on the roof. It's a great piece of kit. Cheap on eBay, double the price in b and q

Back