Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Public Liability Insurance

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gmeister

Hey people,

Like I have stated before not new to window cleaning as only did with mates at a weekend.

But I am new to self employed, tax, N.I and public Liability, as I am re taking up window cleaning I am doing this through the proper channels.

As I have applied and set up a "sole trader" business bank account they said they would help me get quotes for Public Liability, I said I wanted up to a Million, the people that do insurance with my bank and under written by the bank said they couldn't give me a quote as I have less then 3 years experiance!

They passed me onto another insurerer who can insure people who the first insurance couldn't insure.

They gave me a quote for £530 a year!

Then they said a lot of window cleaners have claimed in the last few years!

I was thinking it would be £100 - £150 max and as low as £80 a year how wrong was I!

Anybody recommend any companies for insurance??

Thanks

Gmeister

http://www.gleaminginsurance.co.uk/ is where I went and I receive 5mil cover for £291 a year.

Check them out as they thoroughly insure me over a wide area of claim issues.

If you end up getting a quote you're happy with and going with them they send me a cheque for £15, so let me know and I can give you my details to refer... hehe

I got it for less than £60 with Trade Direct Insurance - trade direct insurance . co . uk

gleaming insurance for me 2

covers me for loads of aspect of cleaning work not just windows

also everything is inc with the price some of these cheaper qoutes i got didnt cover more than window cleaning

I pay about £70 a year...BUT:

MOST policies DON'T cover the item being cleaned (in our case the window)...if you want cover to include this, you will be looking at a lot more money. Maybe £200 +.

I've not bothered until now, but think I could do with the glass cover.

All you guys getting it for less than £100 I can guarantee the thing being worked on is not covered.

Last year I insured through A-Plan, who I had used for 15 years.

Price was ok, checked the small print though - despite what I had requested I was covered for WFP only - and absolutely no use of ladders.

Not even insured for squeegee - for insides or shops.

Check the small print.

i understand what you are saying, but all public liabiliaty is for is incase some one injures them selves becasue of something you do, ie, someone trips over the hose

a lot pay for items they will never need, as to be honest unless you are working on big houses, most of the tiem your excess is more than what it costs to repalce the glass, if you break a double glass unit they just pop the seal off and replace the glass not the whole window

you pay for what you get tbh

i ened up paying close to £200 but this is public liabitl;y and insurance for the item your cleaning ie glass conny roofs guttering ect so if i ripe of £200 worth of guttering i can claim for it lol

but i mainly got it for a commercial job i got just incase the job pays much much much more than that so who cares got to be done imo

i understand what you are saying, but all public liabiliaty is for is incase some one injures them selves becasue of something you do, ie, someone trips over the hose

a lot pay for items they will never need, as to be honest unless you are working on big houses, most of the tiem your excess is more than what it costs to repalce the glass, if you break a double glass unit they just pop the seal off and replace the glass not the whole window
What about dropping your ladders/pole on a car? This could quite easily mount up into the 1000s.

Years ago I had a lad working for me, who was cleaning some inside windows when he got black water off the squeegee onto a standard lamp shade.

As it happened we were able to get it professionally cleaned - as it was Japanese silk, and matched the other 5 in the drawing room / living room.

If it had gone the wrong way it could have been a ***htmare - it gave real peace of mind having the insurance.

If you hit a parked car with a pole or ladder, that would be the 3rd party of 3rd party insurance!

the lowest cover u can get is 3rd party, which would mean if u hit someones car( the third party) your insurance, however cheap, will cover their car, but maybe not the dent in your ladders,lol!

Back