Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning sill with wfp brush

D

Derbyshirecleaning

Hi was just wondering how everyone else cleans their sills. I find I clean them with the brush, and the brush picks up dirt and bits, which spread to the next window as I clean it. And then it takes ages to rinse them off properly. I use different type of Gardiner brushes, mainly the extra light ones. Ta in advance.

I'm contemplating taking an old pole with a sill brush on it just for doing sills after the windows as I'm rinsing on the glass with a mono brush for maintenance cleans now on upstairs windows.

Once done They don't get to bad

Rub window then rub sill. Then rinse the glass. I use a sill brush so it sorta keeps the bits to the back of the brush if that makes sense

I'm pretty sure you'd get away with leaving the upper ones once they've had a first Clean the running water will clean them up a bit, there aren't many customers who are going to gawp out of a upstairs window and look down on sills lower ones yes they will if anyone pulls you up just tell them you'll give them a good scrub next month.

Will give it a try, I'll order a sill brush from Gardiner. Thanks for the advise guys.

I'm pretty sure you'd get away with leaving the upper ones once they've had a first Clean the running water will clean them up a bit, there aren't many customers who are going to gawp out of a upstairs window and look down on sills lower ones yes they will if anyone pulls you up just tell them you'll give them a good scrub next month.
Sills need doing properly every time

I do everything properly every time as that is the service i am being paid for

Use a sill brush

Give the sill a few passes of the brush so you know it's clean

If the brush gets bad then swipe your hand across the bristles a couple of times and the bits will fly off

Back