Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Have you ever been accused?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tuffers

I started cleaning on a new build site 6/7 months ago. The first house I got the woman had never had WFP. She moved from London and was only paying £10 for a 3 bed :rolleyes:. I quoted it a bit lower than I would have normally, but thought if I get my foot in the door on the estate more doors will open. Anyway, this woman is a right pain in the ****. She follows me round watching and gassing away and I'm just thinking why don't you go inside and STFU. Last time I cleaned there she called me inside to take a look at a scratch that had cut into the plastic on a bedroom sill. To me it looked very narrow and something that a Stanley knife would do not a blunt brush head. I was thinking a builder had used a knife to cut the cellophane off the plastic when installing. She said she would contact the builder and get their side. We left it at that. No more sills have scratches on them. I got a text from her earlier: "With regret having spoken to the builders re the scratches on the sills, they have been done since we purchased the house. I am therefore not prepared to have further dents and scratches so unless you offer a traditional cleaning service I will have to terminate our agreement."

I replied, 'Load of rubbish, that scratch has been done by something sharp ie a Stanley knife and not a blunt piece of plastic on my brush.'

Not too bothered if she replies, but she is a busy body and could go round the neighbours stirring it I feel.

Have you ever been accused of scratching sills or have you ever scratched one? I came home and purposely tried to scratch a sill with my brush. I had no luck.

So you were hoping the builders were going to say sorry it was their fault. Not a hells chance they would when they could blame you instead /emoticons/biggrin.png

I've actualy seen the protective plastic being removed on new builds and most don't give a **** if they scratch the plastic frames or not.:rolleyes:

Seriously I would not bother to contact your insurance company unless she is insisting you pay for the damage as she can't prove you were at fault. Regardless what she thinks or has been told by the builders its utter rubbish so best to leave it at that.

Update: I've contacted Gleaming and they want to see a photo of the scratch. If they can see that a knife did it, then I want an apology from Mrs Dooda ::p:

I wouldn't worry about it Tuffers. In cases like this (I had one concerned about the brush chipping paint) I show the customer the brush & demonstrate that nothing on the brush could possibly scratch or chip your windows. Painters are the worst, they blame wfp to deflect from their poor workmanship & products! Sounds to me that even without this scratch, this particular customer would have found something else- good riddance I say!!/emoticons/wink.png

I wouldn't worry about it Tuffers. In cases like this (I had one concerned about the brush chipping paint) I show the customer the brush & demonstrate that nothing on the brush could possibly scratch or chip your windows. Painters are the worst, they blame wfp to deflect from their poor workmanship & products! Sounds to me that even without this scratch, this particular customer would have found something else- good riddance I say!!/emoticons/wink.png
I think she's angling to get me to do them trad tbf. Norfolknchance :rofl:

You certanly are collecting funnys today as seems you are on a roll /emoticons/biggrin.png

I think she's angling to get me to do them trad tbf. Norfolknchance :rofl:
Yep, so was mine, she even stated that the water could have an affect on the paint to which I replied "so what you gonna do about the rain?" I convinced her in the end that wfp was the best solution for her & her windows!!

I was canvassing yesterday, one potential customer asked me what method etc as the previous cleaner had damaged frames. I had a look and yep they were covered in scratches. Like they'd been scrubbed with a wire brush? What would cause that? She hasn't called me back.

A wire brush maybe?

You can damage sills with the stock of any brush if you allow it to rub onlong the sill.

I was canvassing yesterday, one potential customer asked me what method etc as the previous cleaner had damaged frames. I had a look and yep they were covered in scratches. Like they'd been scrubbed with a wire brush? What would cause that? She hasn't called me back.

I should know I've done a few and is a pig to scrub the marks off with a cream cleaner...Oops! /emoticons/biggrin.png

I hope you were using your sally sill brush @Tuffers are it's much harder for the stock to come into contact with the sill.

Best off without her she'll only cause more trouble in the future regardless of which method you are using. I wouldnt spend 1000s on equipment just to have some cnut like her tell me how to clean a window.

Update: I've contacted Gleaming and they want to see a photo of the scratch. If they can see that a knife did it, then I want an apology from Mrs Dooda ::p:
Tuffers does this mean you have made a claim if gleaming are involved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I

I can't stand people like this! If you buy a new build you should check everything before moving in! Dump em tuffs not worth the hassle [emoji110][emoji97]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back