Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Spelling mistake on flyers

Kevin kiernan

Just got 5000 flyers printed at a pretty penny. And have spelt the word "guarantee" wrong.Very stupid mistake i know!

I had an idea tho. Was to post them with an accompanying competition that says something along the lines of "we have spelt a word wrong on this flyer, find the mispelt word and enter it on our website to be entered in to our monthly draw. Winner will win a free gutter, fascia and soffit clean"

I was thinking this would be a good save? It would also get them to read the whole flyer too ?

Whats ur thoughts?

Just ditch em fella and put it down to experience. Btw, are you sure it was you that made the mistake? If you spelt it right in your proof then the printing company would be liable for it.

I thought these cost me 100 quid. A gutter clean is gonna cost me 30 so that was my logic. I typed up the text but did not have an automatic spell checker on their site :-(

Would potential clients think as less of the conpetition idea as u ? Lol

Don't get me wrong, I like your spirit, but I just think you are highlighting a problem and making it worse. That and no one wants to hand there details out, especially for the 'chance' to win a £30 clean. Sorry mate, but I think its just going to tell 5000 potential customers that you cant spell. lol ALso, the last time I signed up my services for free (charity auction) the winner ended up being a guy with a house the size of 4 normal houses, leaded and georgian windows, and never been cleaned in 2 years- be careful with stuff like this, you could get more then you bargained for.

Get in touch with the printing firm again and see if they can do you a reduced rate since they already have the artwork. They might just feel sorry for you and do you a good turn.

Just my opinion.

You could just TipEx them all? /emoticons/wink.png

Seriously though, wait to see what others here say, I might just be being a bit picky.

great idea but poss wouldn't bother i cant spell guarantee either....hey i got it right...my spelling be seriously **** but me got spell check for chrome ap and it does all the work...i don't think anyone would notice....its what your offering that counts....don't bin them...

I always get my worm in a mucking fuddle so my advice is just use them if the printers wont do a reprint for free.

If anyone picks up the spelling mistake just say something like " Many thanks for pointing that out as I'm dyslexic and did not notice so will speak to the printers as they must be dyslexic too" /emoticons/biggrin.png

Rain guarantee ! To deter people from turning us away in the rain. We guarantee that if its dirty or rainstreaks within a week well clean them again for free

Really a whole week?...that seems a bit bonkers bud to offer such a long time.

I personally would have you back every week and I dare say others would too as they would not have to pay to get their windows cleaned especially if.

1. they live on a busy road and where trafic film is an issue.

2. sap from nearby trees blows onto them

3. salt if they live by the sea blows onto the glass.

That's just a few examples...

May I ask how long have you been a window cleaner?

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest i didnt overlook it. It made me feel more confident in the fact other people couldnt spell it either. Ive been a window cleaner 8 years. Ive only ever had 2 people in that time call me back, but recently people have been turning me away in the rain so im kinda desperate to be honest.

My strategy in window cleaning is i mostly have whole streets gove or take and i do half the street one week and the other half next week, half of the next street along the third week amd the half the fourth week. So if there ever were a problem its like ly to be only one window and im litrtally in the area. The gaurantee is a rain garanatee. We dnt live by the sea and its only for streaks not dirt. Most of my customers understand this.

Think your be mad ditching them. As said 80% will go in the bin anyway. No one would even notice. It's only a flier. Mine are all done by me on computer & photo-copied. Very simple & still get people ringing. If people want you they will ring. They won't sit there & say we want a window cleaner but he can't spell guarantee so we won't have him.

Back