Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Boars Hair Brushes Stink!

M

MrBump

Awesome to use, but absolutely stinks the van out! None of my others brushes smell, but for some reason the boars brush has a horrible stank to it, like an old sweaty damp sock. I've just washed it but I can't be arsed to have to properly wash it every night.

Ps. Jake I used that green unger sill brush today lol, stiff brushes, but I love it! I find stiff bristles much better than flocked bristles personally, especially on bird poop, I hope they won't damage window seals though!

Last edited:
They come from a boars ass hole that's why, the dried excrement is meant to aid scrubbing power, :rofl:

On a serious note mate, that must be a bit rancid! Never used one, but that's put me off!!!

That's good the beast worked mate, I saw it again the other day in the local suppliers, i thought of you when I saw it!

Yeah I agree with the bristles, I like my facelift brushes for the same reason, nice and stiff for good scrubbing

(Stiff - sounds a bit weird :whistle:)

Haha that's exactly what it smells like! A rancid boars arsehole! :puke: Works really well though, scrubs good and is soft on the windows. Does look like I have just put a garden brush on the end though lol.

Lol! Yeah I bet it's similar to a garden brush, customers probably think your a right cheap skate!

Haha beast. I might call it the Hulk from now on /emoticons/wink.png For some reason it just works, it shouldn't when compared to a gardiners superlite/extreme soft flocked majiggy, its a big heavy, stiff bristled beast, but I have alot of bird poo round here so its a dream :thumbs:

Ironic as its my most expensive brush lol. Its in the back garden but I can still bloody smell it in here. I might have to burn the bugger :rofl:

Sounds good, you'll have to do a video of the hulk in action!!

Great name for it! Like that!

Haha I will do. It won't be until next week though as I'm doing other stuff now and won't be back on windows until next wednesday when I have a big house where someone thought it was a good idea to stick leaded strips all over the outsides of the windows! Its going to be a nightmare. Think that will have to be a flocked brush! I'll do a video on a different job though, might have my first conservatory roof clean next week too, should be fun! /emoticons/biggrin.png

Thats true tench, good point! I have the gardiners hybrid too and that doesn't smell at all, this unger boars brush totally stinks though! :lipssealed:

I've found that these 'Full' Boars Hair Brushes will always stink if left damp and not completely rinsed'n'dried after use.

Now don't laugh :hey:......It is natural hair after-all.....sooooooo.....

I wash my Boars Hair Brushes with...Hair Shampoo...rinse...and leave to dry.....smells of Fresh Lemons /emoticons/smile.png.

I Did I tell you I'm a weirdo....didn't I /emoticons/tongue.png :rofl:

You've just won the wierdest cleaning tip award :thumbsup: Do you actually prefer boars brushes to nylon then?

Back