Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hot Water Gas Boiler Vent?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

rjs

hi all can anyone help ,im running a wfp system and recently introduced a instant gas boiler

everthing work great but i dont have a 'vent' on my van i leave the door open,due to security /

safety i would like to install one on the side panel or roof .

can anyone help i cant seem to find any vents but i if i have to go through the roof dont want a massive

chimney sticking up the pipe size is 90mm.

thanks again rjs

if you have an open vent on boiler (all the top is showing) you need an adapter to fit flue. if its circular at the top just fit a flue.

Best to visit caravaning/camping sites

if you have an open vent on boiler (all the top is showing) you need an adapter to fit flue. if its circular at the top just fit a flue.
Best to visit caravaning/camping sites

www.gasproducts.co.uk

Anyone use this Rinnai REU 58e as seems a bargain price here?If so what is it like on lower flow rates & temp control for wfp use?

http://www.gasproducts.co.uk/acatalog/Rinnai_58e_Caravan_Motorhome_Marine_Gas_Water_Heater.html
what flow rate on controller do you use now?
I had to set to 50 to use one of these (my other ignites at 25)

I was using minibore as plumbing in old van though so 1/2inch might make it light earlier.

and when i was reinstalling found the fuse had perished a little so having to set higher flow rates to get the power from pump (changed fuse problem solved in new van)

there very good quality though, sold mine on for 100 wish i hadn`t as thinking of trying again with new plumbing.

Thanks for the info....Rinnai are made in Japan so seems a much higher quality built product unlike the chepo china made ones.

I'm using a digital flow controler set to about 25 - 30 for regular cold cleans. However I still use my old L5 as a portable when reqired that I either hang on the open back door of the van or mount on a tripod for really grubby conservatories, guttering, cladding etc deep cleans at a higher flow rate. That way I have the option to connect the water heater to a outside tap if I don't need to use pure from my van tank.

Someone did mention that the Rinnai 58e is the same gas water heater used under the hood of a well known franchise system.

I see surecleansystems in this vid are selling rinnai hot water systems now too for £899 + vat Includes fitting and gas certifigate for insurance. :rolleyes:

My question is would you watn to drink the water without chlorine and other things put in water to kill off bugs etc (legionnaires disease etc)

Sure this could find its way into untreated pipes and tank? (maybe not)

Indeed tell that to Arthur as its not a good vid to promote his product at all....Anyone that drinks cold or heated purified water is a bit of a numpty if you ask me. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Bit off topic but was also thinking of trying a webasto type diesel water heater setup aswell.

If diy is your thing you could source the parts relatively cheap from scraped cars, boats or motorhomes with a webastow water heater fitted. Just then need to add a heat exchanger, temp controller, small fuel tank etc then mount it in a metal box and away you go.

Some you can get are for hot water & heating too so rigged up properly guess you would never have to worry about your van freezing up either. /emoticons/smile.png

You dont say shurlock /emoticons/biggrin.png

Yep there are few regs that have to be abided by under UK law /emoticons/wink.png

2001/56/EC - 2006/119/EC Consolidated Heating systems

ANNEX VIII - SAFETY REQUIRMENTS FOR LPG COMBUSTION HEATERS AND

LPG HEATING SYSTEMS

1. LPG HEATING SYSTEMS FOR ROAD USE IN MOTOR VEHICLES[2006/119-9]

1.1. If an LPG heating system in a motor vehicle can also be used when the vehicle is in motion,

the LPG combustion heater and its supply system shall comply with the following

requirements:

1.1.1. The LPG combustion heater shall comply with the requirements of the harmonised standard on

specifications for dedicated LPG appliances â Room sealed LPG space heating equipment for

installation in vehicles and boats (EN 624:2000) (*).

1.1.2. In cases of a permanently installed LPG container all components of the system that are in

contact with LPG in the liquid phase (all components from the filling unit to the

vaporiser/pressure regulator) and the associated liquid phase installation shall comply with the

technical requirements of UN/ECE Regulation No. 67, Parts I and II and the Annexes 3 to 10,

13 and 15 to 17 (**).

1.1.3. The gaseous phase installation of the LPG heating system in a vehicle shall comply with the

requirements of the harmonised standard on specifications for the Installation of LPG systems

for habitation purposes in leisure accommodation vehicles and in other road vehicles (EN

1949:2002) (***).

1.1.4. The LPG supply system shall be so designed that the LPG is supplied with the required

pressure and in the correct phase for the installed LPG combustion heater. It is permitted to

withdraw LPG from the permanently installed LPG container in either gaseous or liquid phase.

1.1.5. The liquid outlet of the permanently installed LPG container to supply LPG to the heater shall

be provided with a remotely controlled service valve with excess flow valve as required in

paragraph 17.6.1.1 of UN/ECE Regulation No. 67. The remotely controlled service valve with

excess flow valve shall be controlled such that it is automatically closed within five seconds of

the vehicle engine stopping, irrespective of the position of the ignition switch. If within these

five seconds the onswitch of the heater or LPG supply system is activated, the heating system

may stay in operation. The heating can always be restarted.

1.1.6. If the LPG is supplied in the gaseous phase from the permanently installed LPG container or

separate portable LPG cylinder(s), appropriate provisions shall be taken to ensure that

1.1.6.1 no liquid LPG can enter the pressure regulator or LPG combustion heater. A separator may be

used and

1.1.6.2. no uncontrolled release due to an accidental disconnection can occur. Means shall be provided

to stop the flow of LPG by installing a device directly after, or in, a cylinder or container

mounted regulator, or, if the regulator is mounted remote from the cylinder or container, a

device shall be installed directly before the hose or pipe from the cylinder or container and an

additional device shall be installed in, or after, the regulator[2006/119-10].

1.1.7. If the LPG is supplied in liquid phase, the vaporiser and pressure-regulator unit shall be heated

as appropriate by a suitable heat source.

1.1.8. In motor vehicles that use LPG in their propulsion system, the LPG combustion heater may be

connected to the same permanently installed LPG container that supplies LPG to the engine,

provided that the safety requirements of the propulsion system are met. If a separate LPG

container is used for heating, this container shall be provided with its own filling unit.

2. LPG HEATING SYSTEMS FOR STATIONARY USE ONLY IN MOTOR VEHICLES AND

THEIR TRAILERS[2006/119-11]

2.1. The LPG-combustion heater and its supply system of an LPG heating system that is intended

to be used only when the vehicle is not in motion, shall comply with the following requirements:

2.1.1. Permanent labels shall be attached on the compartment where the portable LPG cylinders are

stored and in close proximity to the control device for the heating system, giving instructions

that the LPG heater shall not be in operation and that the valve of the portable LPG cylinder

05/12/2008 15:40 Page 1 of 2

shall be closed when the vehicle is in motion.

2.1.2. The LPG combustion heater shall comply with the requirements of section 1.1.1.

2.1.3. The gaseous phase installation of the LPG heating system shall comply with the requirements

of section 1.1.3.

________

05/12/2008 15:40 Page 2 of 2

Content curtsey from acsforums.com

Don't forget you are meant to have a symbol on bk of van' date=' also the bottle should be in a vented locker[/quote']

You dont say shurlock /emoticons/biggrin.png
Yep there are few regs that have to be abided by under UK law /emoticons/wink.png

ANNEX VIII - SAFETY REQUIRMENTS FOR LPG COMBUSTION HEATERS AND

LPG HEATING SYSTEMS

1. LPG HEATING SYSTEMS FOR ROAD USE IN MOTOR VEHICLES[2006/119-9]

1.1. If an LPG heating system in a motor vehicle can also be used when the vehicle is in motion,

the LPG combustion heater and its supply system shall comply with the following

requirements:

1.1.1. The LPG combustion heater shall comply with the requirements of the harmonised standard on

specifications for dedicated LPG appliances â Room sealed LPG space heating equipment for

installation in vehicles and boats (EN 624:2000) (*).

1.1.2. In cases of a permanently installed LPG container all components of the system that are in

contact with LPG in the liquid phase (all components from the filling unit to the

vaporiser/pressure regulator) and the associated liquid phase installation shall comply with the

technical requirements of UN/ECE Regulation No. 67, Parts I and II and the Annexes 3 to 10,

13 and 15 to 17 (**).

1.1.3. The gaseous phase installation of the LPG heating system in a vehicle shall comply with the

requirements of the harmonised standard on specifications for the Installation of LPG systems

for habitation purposes in leisure accommodation vehicles and in other road vehicles (EN

1949:2002) (***).

1.1.4. The LPG supply system shall be so designed that the LPG is supplied with the required

pressure and in the correct phase for the installed LPG combustion heater. It is permitted to

withdraw LPG from the permanently installed LPG container in either gaseous or liquid phase.

1.1.5. The liquid outlet of the permanently installed LPG container to supply LPG to the heater shall

be provided with a remotely controlled service valve with excess flow valve as required in

paragraph 17.6.1.1 of UN/ECE Regulation No. 67. The remotely controlled service valve with

excess flow valve shall be controlled such that it is automatically closed within five seconds of

the vehicle engine stopping, irrespective of the position of the ignition switch. If within these

five seconds the onswitch of the heater or LPG supply system is activated, the heating system

may stay in operation. The heating can always be restarted.

1.1.6. If the LPG is supplied in the gaseous phase from the permanently installed LPG container or

separate portable LPG cylinder(s), appropriate provisions shall be taken to ensure that

1.1.6.1 no liquid LPG can enter the pressure regulator or LPG combustion heater. A separator may be

used and

1.1.6.2. no uncontrolled release due to an accidental disconnection can occur. Means shall be provided

to stop the flow of LPG by installing a device directly after, or in, a cylinder or container

mounted regulator, or, if the regulator is mounted remote from the cylinder or container, a

device shall be installed directly before the hose or pipe from the cylinder or container and an

additional device shall be installed in, or after, the regulator[2006/119-10].

1.1.7. If the LPG is supplied in liquid phase, the vaporiser and pressure-regulator unit shall be heated

as appropriate by a suitable heat source.

1.1.8. In motor vehicles that use LPG in their propulsion system, the LPG combustion heater may be

connected to the same permanently installed LPG container that supplies LPG to the engine,

provided that the safety requirements of the propulsion system are met. If a separate LPG

container is used for heating, this container shall be provided with its own filling unit.

2. LPG HEATING SYSTEMS FOR STATIONARY USE ONLY IN MOTOR VEHICLES AND

THEIR TRAILERS[2006/119-11]

2.1. The LPG-combustion heater and its supply system of an LPG heating system that is intended

to be used only when the vehicle is not in motion, shall comply with the following requirements:

2.1.1. Permanent labels shall be attached on the compartment where the portable LPG cylinders are

stored and in close proximity to the control device for the heating system, giving instructions

that the LPG heater shall not be in operation and that the valve of the portable LPG cylinder

2.1.2. The LPG combustion heater shall comply with the requirements of section 1.1.1.

2.1.3. The gaseous phase installation of the LPG heating system shall comply with the requirements

of section 1.1.3.

________

05/12/2008 15:40 Page 2 of 2

Content curtsey from acsforums.com

Don't forget you are meant to have a symbol on bk of van, also the bottle should be in a vented locker
As I said in simple terms, make sure its in a vented locker and the van is signed as required

Then dont forget to let your insurance know as the van has been modified /emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/tongue.png

But after reading looks like I need an internal sign and compartment. Mine atm is strapped secure to a partition in centre of the van

Latest Posts

Back