Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hot Water Gas Boiler Vent?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Do you want fries with that :rolleyes: You can guess what happens next. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM /emoticons/biggrin.png

Do you still want to carry propane around in the back of your van after seeing those vids? /emoticons/ohmy.png

Makes you think does it not? :rolleyes:

Just go on ebay and buy a caravan mushroom roof vent then place some 110mm pipe between em acting as flue thats what i did on my transit

its a bit like getting on a plane, if its not your day your in trouble, trick is not to think about the bad stuff and concentrate on the positives..

Granted we all have bad days but I'm sure plane travel is a wee bit safer than carrying a potential flamethrower/bomb in the back of a van.

not for me, been on a plane around 20-30times +helicopter maybe 100 (ex army) so 150 times no problems.

Get in my van every day for 2 years with gas no problems

my stats say both are safe but 1 i do a lot more than the other.

Nice one' date='...got any pics of your setup?[/quote']Here is my setup smurf

6906B3D7-0625-4F02-9492-6C1339928A06-51177-00002BBAE1B5B385.jpg

440BF3EC-7D45-4980-A0BB-5D993195FC2E-51177-00002BBAEBE6E625.jpg

C5CA5059-5600-44CD-9A31-DB1D03961F9B-51177-00002BBAF3B3625E.jpg

Thanks mucker,...Is that a fogwash (brought from peter fogwell)?

That roof vent looks ideal too. Was it hard to fit?

I your heater vented? What make do you use now?

not for me, been on a plane around 20-30times +helicopter maybe 100 (ex army) so 150 times no problems.
Get in my van every day for 2 years with gas no problems

my stats say both are safe but 1 i do a lot more than the other.

Thanks mucker,...Is that a fogwash (brought from peter fogwell)?
That roof vent looks ideal too. Was it hard to fit?
No, it's a marey heater from america, Peter didn't have any when I wanted one, saying that I picked up a brand new fogwash off eBay last night for £102, the guy bought it from peter and never fitted it, I thought it would be worth having as a spare.

The vent was ok to fit, but my roof is corrugated, which made it harder. I just used high temp sealant to fix the vent to the roof, then sealed the inside of the van between the cutout and the stem then protrudes through into the van.

I've heard good things about the fogwash but guess peter stopped selling them now for one reason or another. Sounds like you got yourself a good deal on that fogwash if it has never been used and/or has not frost damage.

How are you geting on with that marley?

No, it's a marey heater from america, Peter didn't have any when I wanted one, saying that I picked up a brand new fogwash off eBay last night for £102, the guy bought it from peter and never fitted it, I thought it would be worth having as a spare.
The vent was ok to fit, but my roof is corrugated, which made it harder. I just used high temp sealant to fix the vent to the roof, then sealed the inside of the van between the cutout and the stem then protrudes through into the van.

That reminds me I need to get another refill tomorrow morning as my propane tank ran out last week. I've been sat indoors answering the phone today as everyone seems to want their gutters booked in. I'm getting way behind what with guttering still being frozen and all so will break out me L5 tomorrow to help defrost them and then see how I get on.

I'm 99% sure that the bottle has to be in its own locker which is vented to the outdoors......

I'm sure that's what I had to do when I was designing my stealth camper design ....

Yep my understanding of the regs they are supposed to be in a fire box vented through the floor when gas bottles are used in a van for heating/hot water usage as a permanent modification. Also the gas regulator should be turned off/ disconnected completely when the van is moving.

Back