Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First RO filter change due

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Until you get settled in with your system and your water supplier, I would fit a sediment filter to be 'safe'.
In time you can leave the sediment filter out if you don't experience any fouling of it.

Thanks. I just went with the double pack from WCW for £13 inc VAT. Needed a couple of scrims anyway so I'll try the Gardiner option next time.

And to be honest I'd always have a sediment filter to be on the safe side. Only £4.50 or something ridiculous.

Thanks everyone for your input. Appreciated as always /emoticons/smile.png

Rather than start a whole new thread I remembered this one, so I have just gone to swap out my prefilters and 1st housing came off nicely but the second just won't budge. I put em back on last time and deliberately didn't over tighten but looks like that didn't work. Any tips on loosening up a stuck housing? Thanks.

Rather than start a whole new thread I remembered this one, so I have just gone to swap out my prefilters and 1st housing came off nicely but the second just won't budge. I put em back on last time and deliberately didn't over tighten but looks like that didn't work. Any tips on loosening up a stuck housing? Thanks.
How I did mine before was getting in my van with the wrench and giving it a solid pull towards me. Finally got it loose. Now I don't overtighten at all, just have enough to seal them to the screwthread

You've got to use all your strength if you haven't a spanner. If you keep pressure on it for a few moments it should go.

Its recommended that you don't over-tighten them and use a little silicone grease on the o ring first.

@spruce while you are here mate i got my ro off a mate when he upgraded to 4040 and it came with a few sets of 3 pre filters

I have been using only 2 housings as 1 is a carbon block and 1 is granulated carbon which as far as i can tell do the same job

I don't need the sediment filter but seeing as i have some i have left it in the second housing but will be using my fibredyne ones soon

My question is when i run out of carbon blocks can i use the granulated carbon one instead or shall i just bin them and use the fibredyne?

I don't like to waste stuff for the sake of it even though they are cheap as it is just pointless

@spruce while you are here mate i got my ro off a mate when he upgraded to 4040 and it came with a few sets of 3 pre filters
I have been using only 2 housings as 1 is a carbon block and 1 is granulated carbon which as far as i can tell do the same job

I don't need the sediment filter but seeing as i have some i have left it in the second housing but will be using my fibredyne ones soon

My question is when i run out of carbon blocks can i use the granulated carbon one instead or shall i just bin them and use the fibredyne?

I don't like to waste stuff for the sake of it even though they are cheap as it is just pointless
Evening @daveyboy. I switched from the three pre filter set up recently and just bunged in the fibredne filter on its own. Works a treat :thumbsup:

4 years later I still have a GAC filter under my desk. Mine has a service life of 2500 US gallons which means it won't be in for long. For me it just isn't worth the effort using it up.

4 years later I still have a GAC filter under my desk. Mine has a service life of 2500 US gallons which means it won't be in for long. For me it just isn't worth the effort using it up.
I have no idea of the service life of mine but i have 5 of them

Evening @daveyboy. I switched from the three pre filter set up recently and just bunged in the fibredne filter on its own. Works a treat :thumbsup:
I have 2 mate but wanted to use up old stock first just so i haven't wasted it

Money isn't an issue i just don't like to chuck perfectly good stuff for no reason

Latest Posts

Back