Hose size wfp

Discussion in 'Tutorials & DIY' started by CleanClean, Jul 16, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. CleanClean

CleanClean Newcomer

Jun 30, 2013
    After looking at the diy topics on this forum i've decided (and it fits the budget better :D) to build my own wfp sytem.

I'm building a trolley system what probably most of the time will stay in the van but if need be could come out to be more mobile.

What I've got:
    DI resin filter (spectrum premier... I think)
    Ebay pump 100psi (cheap but well impressed)
    Speed regulator
    and charger is all ready in van :)
    Lots of QL connector thingies

Now what I'm not sure about, what size hose to order to go from pump to pole. Does 8mm make much difference over 6mm? I don't really want to go through my water to fast as I cant carry that much water yet.

Which fittings are better? QuickLock or the metal "air-hose type" look a likes?

that's it for now, but I'm convinced I will bombarded you all with more questions soon, sorry :oops:

2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Sep 10, 2012
    Re pump to pole; it depends on what size ports are on the pump outlet, ie a Shurflo has half inch ports. So you connect half inch hose (as much as you need) then connect a hozelock to the other end of the half inch and connect pole hose to half inch with one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aluminium...omeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA&hash=item5aeadf82db. Don't buy this lot as they are expensive, but it gives you the idea. That's how my trolley connects anyway, but I wheel it round and not have it static.

This post was probably not much help :confused: