Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sacked....before i started..

WCF

Help Support WCF:

cheapncheerful

yep how fast can you get sacked...

I got two new jobs last week ...drove to see them both....both not worth the effort to me but....hmmmm what do I do?

anyway i went to the first one a council estate semi on monday to have a look....i wasnt even getting out of the car as the rain was really bad...i planned to drop some cards in the locality as she had told me on the phone the windy had retired...i always ask...

went back tuesday and dropped the cards and called in and talked to the husband, i had already agreed to the wife and again to him that I could match the old price of £7 and so i had a chat and said i would be back tomorrow to clean it..

but...i have a kinda floating text me service and so i got dragged somewhere else and so i phoned said I was sorry and will call back on friday as thursday was busy....

come friday and two old jobs had texted me and so i planned my route according to that and another regular wanted them doing due the mess this weather has made...so it was two oclock when i was ready to go to the council estate house...just when that big grey sky decided to hail stone down and it was really heavy so it being a friday i headed for home ..

I did text and explain the weather and said I would be back first thing monday but...a phone call later and she is getting her neighbors window cleaner to do them who comes regular....

and me i feel upset because I lost a job I have never had.....but then again.....I didnt really want it in the first place...and of course nobody rung up from the fifty odd cards I dropped..

and turns out the windy she had hadnt retired after all....it was two kevins from winsford who had fallen out and were taking each other to court..and her hubby explained how about four windys come on that estate and one lot of four to five lads...kinda glad i got sacked..

as for the other new job...well her hubby had left her and he used to clean them...cant say i blame him leaving but thats another story..sorry but I havent had the time this week,..will call monday...assuming mrs j doesnt phone and get the wine out...:rolleyes:

They would have been nothing but trouble,you are better without. And whats this matching the previous windys price lark??? ....always add a quid or two.

last week i had a oldish guy call, for a price, iv a lot of windows lad, 15 . can u do it for 12?

mmm,i dunno, mite be between 12 and 15 quid

so i go round,turns out its 3 storey and mahoosive , 4 bays ,20 odd windows, but feeling generous+ mad i say 15

no no ,its 12 or nothing

tell you what howzabout 14 youv really got a helluva lot of window

no,12

ok, forget it!

[thank **** he didnt bite at 14 , my normal price would be 30 quid at the very least ]

My bad quotes seem to cancel out the good ones...........roughly.

Another cat lady today, ****** 5 cats scratching the window as they enter and exit.

That chap calling you lad now thats funny /emoticons/biggrin.png

last week i had a oldish guy call, for a price, iv a lot of windows lad, 15 . can u do it for 12?mmm,i dunno, mite be between 12 and 15 quid

so i go round,turns out its 3 storey and mahoosive , 4 bays ,20 odd windows, but feeling generous+ mad i say 15

no no ,its 12 or nothing

tell you what howzabout 14 youv really got a helluva lot of window

no,12

ok, forget it!

[thank **** he didnt bite at 14 , my normal price would be 30 quid at the very least ]

yep i think they did as its a few miles out as well...cant get trek on as too many bloomin kids hanging around on holiday but he watches wheeler dealers and I love that.

Got another new one by email but not really new....I used to do it maybe three or four years back when I didnt know about the dark art of wfp ...most of its windows were a pain or out of reach but I sent back my email that I have new equipment and can now reach all her windows...from memory though...most of the double glazing was broken....but hey ho its one off my recently posted cards with the mags we deliver every two weeks so at least I have a bite.../emoticons/biggrin.png

I had some **** the other day call me kid, he was about 18. I'm 33.

I gave him the 1000 yard stare and told him to wind his neck in, really winds me up that does

Back