Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Membrane

Josh

Any ideas lads.. just had a new membrane and filters fitted over the Christmas break but for some reason its taken 12+ hours to fill just 200l!! Any help would be great thanks.

Its a ro 4040 membrane and di resin tank.. pressures fine before it goes into membrane. Just disconected everything to make sure there wer no blockages but everything looks fine. .

I have a 4040, which goes through a 11l di. I have just bought a booster pump, I was using a normal 100psi pump. It filled my 1000L IBC tank in 9-10 hours, which turns to be good for my 60pis output. So your 200L should only take a few hours at the very most even without a booster pump, if your psi is good.

With a booster pump, ( the one I have just purchased) my tank should be full in 3hrs tops. Is your membrane/filter the right way up, and what is ur tds reading when it comes out of di? Are you using a booster pump? Could do with knowing what your psi is as it comes out of ur tap or if you have a booster what is ur psi?

What's the make of the membrane?

Couple of things to check to find out your problem.

1) How many litres per minute are you getting after your filters

2) How many litres per minute are you getting waste

3) How many litres per minute are you getting pure

Just borrow your misses litre jug to measure the results

Also if the seal at the bottom of the membrane isn't sitting properly in the housing water could be getting past and escaping as waste thus reducing pure production. Did you use a water approved lubricant on the seal when you installed it?

Might be a silly question, is the membrane fitted into the housing the right way?

the filter is shaped like the pic and must be fitted this way for max production.

Might be a silly question, is the membrane fitted into the housing the right way?
the filter is shaped like the pic and must be fitted this way for max production.
obs this pic is upside down but you can see which way the in flow is

Thanks for replies lads just read them all not been able to get on.. got it sorted today the membrane was faulty so had a new one fitted and running fine now shame about the weather stopoing work tho!

Thanks for replies lads just read them all not been able to get on.. got it sorted today the membrane was faulty so had a new one fitted and running fine now shame about the weather stopoing work tho!
Good to hear, cold /cold water will reduce output too and its bloomin cold.

Ye I have everything wrapped up with insulation and a heater in the van to keep everything warm and running fine.. was just happy I didnt have to pay another 250+ for a new membrane!

Ye I have everything wrapped up with insulation and a heater in the van to keep everything warm and running fine.. was just happy I didnt have to pay another 250+ for a new membrane!

Back